Very popular cars at the time of launch that you never see on the road anymore

PT cruiser was the first to pop into my head when I read the thread title. I’ll add the Chevy SSR. I think that’s what it’s called. That retro looking pickup thing that’s basically a heavier corvette. Also the Plymouth Prowler.
5436383a3c00b_hd_2004-chevrolet-ssr.jpg

2000-plymouth-prowler-2dr-roadster

I really don’t think it’s just gonna be a fad. The Bronco community already seems as tight if not more than the Jeep community. I get a wave from just about every bronco I pass, it’s just not as specific as the two fingers off the steering wheel Jeep wave. There are even a bunch of bronco people trying to do a bronco version of the jeep duck thing, except with little toy horses or hot wheels. Kinda stupid in my opinion, but harmless. Bronco owners really seem to be loving them. As terrible of a job as Ford did with production for the Bronco rollout, they did manage to get folks very excited about these cars. The off-roadeo was a nice touch. A lot of people just wanted a bronco for the same reason some want Jeeps, a topless/doorless beach cruiser. The off-roadeo was great, and they did an awesome job showcasing the bronco’s capabilities. So many owners who had no interest in off roading now have the confidence and a basic skill level to want to take their own bronco off road.

They also finally just released the bronco trail app that they’ve been promising from the very start. It’s kind of similar to OnX and Gaia, but better for recording and sharing videos. It even records your telemetry, and can show you your pitch and roll in real time over the videos. Still needs some work, and definitely needs more trails in its database, but it seems cool so far.

The bronco has also made Jeep up their game by finally giving them some competition, and the aftermarket for bronco stuff will continue to close in on the amount of crap you can buy for your Jeep. It will be interesting to see what they come up with on the new Scouts. I know they’re all gonna be electric, but I think they’re gonna try to compete as a capable out of the box off-roader. There are a couple Scout message boards and a few of the execs are very active on them trying to get feedback from the old school scout fans and any other possible consumers. It seems like a lot of the feedback they’re getting is straight from the bronco blueprint.
Agree with this 100%. Time will tell as the march to alternate fuels goes on...

PT cruiser was the first to pop into my head when I read the thread title. I’ll add the Chevy SSR. I think that’s what it’s called. That retro looking pickup thing that’s basically a heavier corvette. Also the Plymouth Prowler.
5436383a3c00b_hd_2004-chevrolet-ssr.jpg

2000-plymouth-prowler-2dr-roadster
The SSR debuted underpowered, expensive and slow. The next year they put Vette engine in it but the dew was off the pumpkin. Only 24,500 were built.

I have a friend who has a prowler. Fun car