We don’t deserve dogs

RTR...USN (ret)

Shore Patrol
Staff member
I just had to have one of my pups put down. He was 13 and had severe dementia. We had tried everything we could to keep him comfortable during his last days, but it had to be done. He was 13 years old, and very much loved. I hope there are squirrels for you to chase in the other side of that rainbow bridge. 97BF9B74-AA77-4F50-BA46-63F193CD4D50.jpeg

I have one that is hanging on by a thread. Tough old bitch, but a bitch in every sense of the word. Still gonna suck.

Sorry for your loss man.

Now see about getting that chewing gun, or road tar off the tile. Try some mineral spirits.

Sorry, I literally can't help myself.
It’s just a “mud room”, and I’ve tried multiple different types of stuff, but so far it has resisted my efforts. I suppose it’s time for me to try again.

41IFt7hYQ4L.jpg

I just had to have one of my pups put down. He was 13 and had severe dementia. We had tried everything we could to keep him comfortable during his last days, but it had to be done. He was 13 years old, and very much loved. I hope there are squirrels for you to chase in the other side of that rainbow bridge. View attachment 8848
sad news, cap'n -

we have five dogs,
the oldest a 17yo rat terrior,
losin her hearin and vision -
not many days left -

damn dogs -
they love you unconditionally,
become part of the family,
and then up n die on ya -

Gotta admit I had never been a pet person my whole life. Grew up working on a family farm and had to deal with everything that goes with that. So animals were always just chores to me.

I posted not long ago that I had to put down my dog. I am in my mid 40s and that was the first dog I had ever kept for its whole life span 13 years. And man that really fucked me up to lose. I never understood people getting sideways about it before then.

But you are right. We don't deserve pets that love us like that.