Week 8 CFB Predictions

For you betting folks, 3 times in the history of the WLOCP, the favorite was +20 or more. The favorite is 1-2 in those 3 games. UGA is around -23 right now, the biggest spread in the rivalry's history.
I was stationed in mayport (jville) from 84-87, if I remember correctly, those were Georgia years :)

I was stationed in mayport (jville) from 84-87, if I remember correctly, those were Georgia years :)

I was on a Med float in '85 for the game. The swamp lizards were undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation and suffered a 24-3 loss to my Dawgs. When this game is played, throw the records and the ranking in the trash because they are worthless. ANYTHING can happen.

didn't you earlier pick the dawgs
somethin like 4 TDs
over the swamp lizards??

Yes, and that is the most probable scenario on paper. The talent disparity between the 2 teams is substantial, particularly on the depth chart. But shit can happen. DL Jalen Carter, UGA's best defensive player and potentially the #1 draft pick in the 2023 draft looks to be out for the game. UGA's best WR AD Mitchell also is questionable for the game.

I fully expect the Dawgs to win, but I'm not sure that point spread is worth a bet. I've lived this game for 45 years that I can remember. Just passing info along to the gamblers.

I was on a Med float in '85 for the game. The swamp lizards were undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation and suffered a 24-3 loss to my Dawgs. When this game is played, throw the records and the ranking in the trash because they are worthless. ANYTHING can happen.
A rivalry hate game? Point spreads? Just look at the history of the Iron Bowl for reference.

Yes, and that is the most probable scenario on paper. The talent disparity between the 2 teams is substantial, particularly on the depth chart. But shit can happen. DL Jalen Carter, UGA's best defensive player and potentially the #1 draft pick in the 2023 draft looks to be out for the game. UGA's best WR AD Mitchell also is questionable for the game.

I fully expect the Dawgs to win, but I'm not sure that point spread is worth a bet. I've lived this game for 45 years that I can remember. Just passing info along to the gamblers.
45-20
tech-dawg.jpg

Sorry, having some technical problems. Here we go (Please let me know of any errors):
1st place - 8 points - @batchaps4me, @cogarboy, @david_WVU, @OldDevilDawg @TechRaiderRider @della
2nd place - 7 points - @Bama Believer @GhostInTheMachine
3rd place - 6 points - @Hard2Bluff @iesheepdog @Irishblooded @MarineUKFan

UsernameSyracuse @ ClemsonPitt @ LousivilleTexas @ oSuKansas State @ TCUPurdue @ WisconsinIndiana @ RutgersUCLA @ OregonArizona State @ StanfordOle Miss @ LSUMississippi State @ AlabamaTexas A&M @ South CarolinaBYU @ Liberty
batchaps4meClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersOregonStanfordOle MissAlabamaSouth CarolinaBYU8
cogarboyClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersOregonStanfordLSUAlabamaTexas A&MBYU8
david_WVUClemsonPittTexasTCUWisconsinRutgersOregonStanfordLSUAlabamaTexas A&MBYU8
OldDevilDawgSyracusePittoSuTCUWisconsinRutgersOregonArizona StateLSUAlabamaSouth CarolinaBYU8
TechRaiderRiderClemsonLouisvilleTexasTCUPurdueRutgersOregonStanfordLSUAlabamaTexas A&MBYU8
dellaClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersUCLAStanfordLSUAlabamaTexas A&MLiberty8
bama believerClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersOregonStanfordOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU7
Ghost In The MachineClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueIndianaUCLAStanfordOle MissAlabamaSouth CarolinaLiberty7
Hard2BluffClemsonPittoSuKansas StateWisconsinIndianaOregonStanfordOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU6
iesheepdogClemsonPittoSuTCUWisconsinIndianaOregonArizona StateOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU6
IrishbloodedClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersUCLAStanfordOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU6
MarineUKFanSyracusePittoSuKansas StateWisconsinRutgersUCLAStanfordOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MLiberty6
fritowrdoSyracusePittoSuTCUPurdueRutgersOregonArizona StateOle MissMississippi StateSouth CarolinaBYU5
RuffledFeathersSyracusePittoSuTCUPurdueIndianaOregonArizona StateOle MissAlabamaSouth CarolinaBYU5
Tenn"CockClemsonPittoSuTCUPurdueIndianaUCLAArizona StateOle MissAlabamaSouth CarolinaBYU5
ALADAMYASyracusePittTexasTCUPurdueIndianaOregonStanfordOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU4
djroxalotClemsonPittoSuKansas StateWisconsinIndianaUCLAArizona StateOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU4
Ghost Rider RushClemsonPittTexasTCUPurdueIndianaOregonArizona StateOle MissAlabamaTexas A&MBYU4
Big Blue Football0
DieSonneTeufeln0
Duckboy330
PSUTE0
Shower Fart0
Toadman0050

I forgot to welcome @della and @GhostRiderRush. Hope you keep playing!

Overall standings:
1st - @TechRaiderRider (Not only did your team kick mines ass, but you just had to be First overall….!)
2nd - @cogarboy @batchaps4me @david_WVU
3rd - @Irishblooded
UsernameWeek 1Week 2Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Week 7Week 8Total
TechRaiderRider41068897860
cogarboy41079965858
david_WVU4979975858
batchaps4me41068877858
Irishblooded31068789657
OldDevilDawg3877878856
Hard2Bluff4859767652
fritowrdo4698756550
ALADAMYA211471173449
Tenn"Cock2955765544
Duckboy334096886041
djroxalot0755857441
Shower Fart49871000038
RuffledFeathers4740808536
iesheepdog7766632
bama believer987731
MarineUKfan5707625
Ghost Rider Rush84416
DieSonneTeufeln69000015
Toadman005305000008
della88
Big Blue Football707
Ghost Rider Rush44
PSUTE300000003

Working on my tablet, and just lost the new thread I was creating. My apologizes again - will get that published when I get home from work tonight. All suggestions are included along with some odd balls since there are not a lot of even games in the P5s this week.
Ole Miss @ Texas A&M is intriguing. Both lost last week and both need a win. Ole Miss to keep their SEC West hopes alive, A&M to keep from going completely off the rails.

Northwestern @ Iowa might be a tough pick.

Sunbelt matchups to consider. Old Dominion @ Georgia State, and Coastal Carolina @ Marshall. Knowing what I know about the Sunbelt, IMO both of those are toss-ups. No idea what the spreads are.