What's your menu for Thanksgiving meal?

LeroyOU12

This is ours last year. I think we will have pretty much the same this year.

Main course: Baked honey pineapple ham and baked turkey.
Snacks: Coconut fried shrimp balls and stir fried lobsters with cheese (everybody liked these snacks so we will make more this year).

Everything else are side dishes.
Thanks giving meals.JPG

I'm not posting this to get any sympathy,, just to put things in perspective for all you good people..
the only family I have left is my son, who will be eating with his mother,, and a brother who will be in Destin with his family..

I'll probably smoke a turkey breast, and make another failed attempt to make a pan of dressing like my mom used to make.. I will fail and it will piss me off..

Enjoy your loved ones, even if they piss you off.. because the only thing worse than being pissed off at a loved one is not having a loved one to be pissed off at.

I'm not posting this to get any sympathy,, just to put things in perspective for all you good people..
the only family I have left is my son, who will be eating with his mother,, and a brother who will be in Destin with his family..

I'll probably smoke a turkey breast, and make another failed attempt to make a pan of dressing like my mom used to make.. I will fail and it will piss me off..

Enjoy your loved ones, even if they piss you off.. because the only thing worse than being pissed off at a loved one is not having a loved one to be pissed off at.
Damn dude, I would invite you over, but I think it would be a hell of a commute.

last paragraph well said.

Jeebus, bro. That was some serious major league party pooper shit. You need a fuck/hug?

I put up an e-wall here with my attempts at jokes and harmless trolling. Then you post something like this and I just want to send you a bus ticket to Nebraska and seal our brotherhood. Stop making me feels !!!

giphy.webp

Been there brother. I've spent more than a couple holidays alone. I've lately been blessed with new family. You're always welcome at my place here in Idaho. Unfortunately my new family all have strange dietary preferences so I'll probably be hungry for good food when I get home.

Also, i struggle making stuffing like Grandma did as well.

You really need to join us at the next get together... That being said, I will be at my daughter's place in Elkton, MD. If you are anywhere close, you are welcome to join us... I too have failed to make a decent stuffing, yeah, my mom stuffed it with the dressing and it absorbed all of the liquid from the inside. Been 30+ years now...

Op that looks like a great repast.

This year I have no idea what the menu will be. I will be in Roanoke with my best bud, his wife, his son and his girlfriend at a local eatry. He is midway through his treatments and so far there has been a complete remission of the tumors. Felt like I needed to share the holiday with my brother from another Mother and his immediate family,

Discussed it with my family and they are in total agreement and encouraged me to go. He is literally my brother in more way than one I conferred his first two degrees in Masonry a few years ago. @Irishblooded you can appreciate.

This year I have no idea what the menu will be. I will be in Roanoke with my best bud, his wife, his son and his girlfriend at a local eatry. He is midway through his treatments and so far there has been a complete remission of the tumors. Felt like I needed to share the holiday with my brother from another Mother and his immediate family,

Discussed it with my family and they are in total agreement and encouraged me to go. He is literally my brother in more way than one I conferred his first two degrees in Masonry a few years ago. @Irishblooded you can appreciate.

That is awesome!

I am actually going to host lodge of instruction tonight to help a neighboring lodge with a lot of younger members that are struggling with the 2nd section of MM.

@cowknows all about this also ;)

My mom is getting up there with age and we don't know how many more thanksgiving we will have with her. So my brother makes sure everybody will be in Dallas this year. It's the first time in 6 years that everyone in the family and their kids will be there.

That is awesome!

I am actually going to host lodge of instruction tonight to help a neighboring lodge with a lot of younger members that are struggling with the 2nd section of MM.

@cowknows all about this also ;)
The 2nd section can be a struggle for some. Luckily my lodge can do the second in house. I did not confer the MM degree. I have a friend and neighbor who was General High Priest for the International Royal Arch who conferred it for my friend and BIL.

The 2nd section can be a struggle for some. Luckily my lodge can do the second in house. I did not confer the MM degree. I have a friend and neighbor who was General High Priest for the International Royal Arch who conferred it for my friend and BIL.

I did KT for a couple of years and then went back to blue lodge. I just connect more with it.

And yeah. Sometimes for smaller lodges the 2nd section can be a hassle for lack of people. Like you. Luckily we are able to complete it in house

I did KT for a couple of years and then went back to blue lodge. I just connect more with it.

And yeah. Sometimes for smaller lodges the 2nd section can be a hassle for lack of people. Like you. Luckily we are able to complete it in house
I understand. I am a KT and life member Scottish but the Blue Lodge is where I feel like you fell connected. The smaller Lodges around where I live now have to reach out to put on a 2nd. But they feed the folks and everybody has a good time. Kinda like a family reunion type of deal. I am looking forward to pulling the plug next month so I can spend more time in among other activities the Lodge.

Sharing a story you can appreciate. Years ago after I became a member the lady I was dating was a student at Alabama. She called one afternoon and said hey come up and let's have dinner and get caught up. Sure. However the banks had closed and I did not have an ATM. So I went by a grocery store. The clerk said sorry we do not cash personal checks. Her boss, a female came up and asked if there was a problem. The clerk explained. I was holding my check book in the hand that had my ring on it. She looked over and said cash his check. The clerk asked why. Her boss said it is OK I just saw something about him.