When this CV shit is blown over

LeroyOU12

I will never again take it for granted the ability to jump in the car and go see a friend, go to the restaurant or to the beach.

When I'm at the grocery store that I will take a moment to be thankful to all hardworking people to keep us supplied with toilet papers, hand sanitizers and food.

When I'm in a crowded restaurant or bar, I will take a time to look around at smiling faces, crying babies, loud voices, annoying drunks and be thankful for the gift of community.

Next time when a friend pulls me in for a hug, I will take the time to appreciate the gift of their embrace.

Next time when my Sooners play the Longhorns, I will just throw a Horns down in stead of saying fuck Texas.

And I'll be thankful when she's open again. ↓↓↓
7f3f609998e81a2d1dc5a8da048ebe0a.jpg

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 10
Either we open the world back up (which will result in people dying), or we keep the world closed down, leading to complete economic collapse and a dog-eat-dog world (which will result in people dying).

Either we kill our country or we allow it to take its course.

I'm among the ones that are most susceptible with the age and smoking thing. I'm not scared to take my risk even if it's the last risk I take. My death allowing my country to continue was a decision I made 34 years ago..

Please tip your waitress extra. She's gonna be WAY behind on her bills.
One of my boy's eats at an Irish bar walking distance from his apartment. During current times the place has food and beer to go. Last week when he was outside waiting for the food and having a beer he was talking to one of the waitresses he knows. She told him that one of the regulars left a $10,000 tip for all the workers to share.

One of my boy's eats at an Irish bar walking distance from his apartment. During current times the place has food and beer to go. Last week when he was outside waiting for the food and having a beer he was talking to one of the waitresses he knows. She told him that one of the regulars left a $10,000 tip for all the workers to share.

Words can't describe how awesome that is.

All of us have to remember that the federal minimum wage for waitresses is $2.25 an hour, plus tips. Those that got layed off because of this got unemployment, but it was based off that $2.25 an hour. That is barely enough to buy food for their family. Many in our country are struggling right now, but for some, this is absolutely devastating, with no way to deal with it.

All of us have to remember that the federal minimum wage for waitresses is $2.25 an hour, plus tips. Those that got layed off because of this got unemployment, but it was based off that $2.25 an hour. That is barely enough to buy food for their family. Many in our country are struggling right now, but for some, this is absolutely devastating, with no way to deal with it.
You are correct. My boy at college worked at a bar/restaurant while attending classes. The owner had to cut almost all his staff and try to make it on take outs only. While my kid came home and is doing classes on line, he has it easy. For a majority of those servers and bartenders that was their only job and means of income. Even with unemployment, they are not getting anywhere near what they were making in tips.

You are correct. My boy at college worked at a bar/restaurant while attending classes. The owner had to cut almost all his staff and try to make it on take outs only. While my kid came home and is doing classes on line, he has it easy. For a majority of those servers and bartenders that was their only job and means of income. Even with unemployment, they are not getting anywhere near what they were making in tips.

But all of us "sharecroppers" are getting our $1200 while those "holier than thou" congressional members got their $65K. I fucking love "democracy".

Ain't it great for all of us peons?

My main local bar set up a GoFundMe and musicians have done fundraisers for the girls that work there. They are not doing take out. The thing is, they can make $300 a night Thursday thru Saturday, so if they weren’t saving something, I really don’t know what to tell them. One girl put herself through school and bought a house, but more than a couple have been doing coke like they’re auditioning for a Miami Vice episode.

My friends son is 19, until today he worked at a take out food place, but the Amazon warehouse just hired him in at $17.25/hr, they said they need 1000 new hires. The kid is thrilled because he already did the math and might not work next year when he starts back up at school, but he’s also going to find out what work is.

This is my problem with the course of action taken which has been based upon inaccurate and misleading information. Right now there are literally millions and millions of people who's economic lives are literally on a death bed if this continues.

So the balance point to me is do we sacrifice the millions to save potentially a few thousand? Add to that that about one half of the deaths have been nursing home patients. Personally if I was in one of those and the Grim Reaper was coming down the hall I would invite him in for a cup of coffee and a doughnut.

I could go on for pages on how unjust I feel about the situation and the invasion on my personal rights but ya'll are not that bored.

Will add that according to three docs there is a very high probability that I have had the mess. It was a PIA for a while but I made it through OK without any lingering problems. To add I am in what they classify a high risk category and should have not made it as easily so IMO don't piss down my neck and tell me it is raining.

End of rant.

If they claimed their tips on their taxes as they should then they would be getting more in unemployment. Just saying. They gamed the system earlier and paying for it now.

If they claimed their tips on their taxes as they should then they would be getting more in unemployment. Just saying. They gamed the system earlier and paying for it now.
That’s true. My cousin got screwed in her divorce settlement because she had been signing the tax returns with her husband who was hiding a lot of income and assets through his business. She knew what she was doing, but he played dumb about it all and she had no recourse.

Anyone that qualifies even for a dollar of unemployment will be receiving what they qualify for plus an extra $600 per week. Right now this runs from the first of April thru the end of July.

Anyone that qualifies even for a dollar of unemployment will be receiving what they qualify for plus an extra $600 per week. Right now this runs from the first of April thru the end of July.
Some of these people are making almost as much as I am, and are not working. Meanwhile I am working my ass off, as much or more than usual. Many of them are making more now than when they were working. As long as their jobs come back at the end of this (as in their employer does not go out of business), then they are making a pretty good deal right now.

Meanwhile, I get a prorated stimulus mailed to me, probably in August. They should just keep that money.