When you do your own personal rankings, are you

Irishblooded

Doing them based on the team as you expect them to currently be.

Or where you expect them to finish the season at?

And on each one of those. What do you consider when ranking a team?

Based on them as they currently stand. That way each week is as fluid as possible. I consider their performance and the performance of their opponent that week through a combo of eye test, stats, intangible factors (on the road vs home, the spot on the schedule, etc)

A mixture, boss.

I judge the games that have been played that season, but in the back of my mind know how that that team has handled success in the past.

I don't do my own personal rankings as there are people that know a helluva lot more than me that do them.
Now I do question some of their rankings (cough, cough Michigan).

A little of both for preseason but honestly when Im doing rankings it's something I spend 10 minutes thinking about so it's hard to define an in depth strategy.

In season it's pretty dependent on the last couple of weeks results.

Based on them as they currently stand. That way each week is as fluid as possible. I consider their performance and the performance of their opponent that week through a combo of eye test, stats, intangible factors (on the road vs home, the spot on the schedule, etc)

Sounds alot like the way the belt is awarded.

I just look to see if they have any injuries and position battles (qb especially) at important positions. I think more long term than most probably due to gambling.

I wont make a week 1 ranking except for Clemson. They are #1 unyil they lose. I know last year, is well last year.
After that i i rank on where i think they are at, the present time. Then it goes by how they are playing, teams they've played. Is said team winning w/ smoke and mirrors., Dominating the teams the have played. Basically like most on here, i believe we take in a lot more consideration than the coaches poll. O the SIDs do.