Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panera Bread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schlotskys

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
we did this once before a couple of years back and to my shock and surprise, someone said that Publix subs are the best,, I had never had a publix sub before so I tried it and it was amazing.. most everyone agrees that subway is trash, I will say that if you catch them with warm freshly baked bread and semi fresh veggies, they are good.. but that has become rare. Jimmy Johns might be my favorite and who I'll probably vote for due to their bread, it hits different. two things, in my area, we are limited, such as no jersey mikes,, so I dont know what those taste like,, also, we have a mom and pop greek pizza joint that sells the most amazing gyros.. not gonna include them,, this poll is limited to chains that are available to almost everyone.. Oh, I can have 10 poll choices so I may add your suggestion if I forget to put it on here now so comment and wait before you vote..

Jimmy John’s definitely has the best bread. Meats too. But they’ve gone cheap in the last two years, while hiking pricing. Firehouse or Jersey Mikes is best. Publix Subs are garbage, the bread is stale, rock hard concrete.

Im interested in those new subs at Subway has on constant advertisement, but havent tried any yet. There is no publix around here, and I really wasnt very impressed with Jimmy Johns, except for the SUPER FAST delivery. Ive had firehouse, but not that impressed either. Never had Jersey Mikes. Panera is okay, Ive had it at the office when catered. I dont remember ever having Quiznos (forgetable if I have), and never seen a Schlolskys in my travels. Im always wondering who has the best meatball, philly cheese, tuna, etc. Im sure each chain has a certain one that is awesome and some that suck. I ordered the grilled chicken breast sandwich at Subway once and it was like a piece of a processed chicken pattie that I wouldnt feed to my dog.

Last edited:
Im interested in those new subs at Subway has on constant advertisement, but havent tried any yet. There is no publix around here, and I really wasnt very impressed with Jimmy Johns, except for the SUPER FAST delivery. Ive had firehouse, but not that impressed either. Never had Jersey Mikes. Panera is okay, Ive had it at the office when catered. I dont remember ever having Quiznos (forgetable if I have), and never seen a Schlolskys in my travels. Im always wondering who has the best meatball, philly cheese, tuna, etc. Im sure each chain has a certain one that is awesome and some that suck. I ordered the grilled chicken breast sandwich at Subway once and it was like a piece of a processed chicken pattie that I wouldnt feed to my dog.
You probably have Krogers and they have Boar's Head meats, so it's the same thing as Publix. They probably have a lesser store brand, so specify Boar's Head. The Bakery is close to the Deli, so go pick up an Italian loaf and tell them how to build the sandwich. I would also suggest you direct them to shave the meat.

Im interested in those new subs at Subway has on constant advertisement, but havent tried any yet. There is no publix around here, and I really wasnt very impressed with Jimmy Johns, except for the SUPER FAST delivery. Ive had firehouse, but not that impressed either. Never had Jersey Mikes. Panera is okay, Ive had it at the office when catered. I dont remember ever having Quiznos (forgetable if I have), and never seen a Schlolskys in my travels. Im always wondering who has the best meatball, philly cheese, tuna, etc. Im sure each chain has a certain one that is awesome and some that suck. I ordered the grilled chicken breast sandwich at Subway once and it was like a piece of a processed chicken pattie that I wouldnt feed to my dog.o get
To get a decent sub out of subway, you have to buy a foot long, move the meat to half of it and cut the excess 6" of roll off...

I voted Publix, maybe because I only can get them when in Florida. But they are legit…a Boars Head Italian on the fresh multigrain bun is always in the rotation when I’m escaping the Michigan winter.

Lately I’ve been loyal to Jersey Mike’s. Very good options for hot and cold subs.

I agree with other that JJ has the best bread, and they live up to the “super fast” promise whether in drive thru or delivery. Decent option, but not my favorite.

Firehouse is good but the portions seem small for the price. I liked Quizno’s a lot, but they went out of business around here a long time ago. Schlotzkys I remember, but not sure if I’ve ever had it.

I haven’t touched Subway in years, that stuff is garbage.

sexy-excuse-me-why-are-you-so-sexy.gif

Pineapple-Express-Sub-min.jpg

To get a decent sub out of subway, you have to buy a foot long, move the meat to half of it and cut the excess 6" of roll off...

Just pay for the double meat, ya fucking cheapskate.

In my area, it's Firehouse, but I can only chose from Subway, Jimmy Johns, Firehouse, and Quiznos (from a few years back). We have a local chain called "Larry's Giant Subs", with 15 to 20 different locations that beat all of those I've had by a long way.

I worked at subway in college. The one thing, back then, was we changed the ingredients out religiously, so everything was super fresh. I got to make a free sub at the end of my shift- I’d load that bastard up with 5-6 sandwiches worth of meat. I could sell it at my fraternity house and make more off it than I had during my shift.