The new and improved Good Morning thread!

SteveMonday.jpg

3679981.jpg

Yo @RazzlDazzl hows deer hunting going

Three shooters on camera since yesterday afternoon at one blind and they didn't stick around to feed. Something must smell good.

I've got my dad in that blind and I'm 30' up a pine on the other side of the block. If something walks one of us ought to see it.

Overall, for my lease, this has been one of, if not the best season in our 20 years. A few kids and women have taken their first deer. It's so satisfying when a kid bags one doing exactly what I suggested to his dad when I showed them the area, not to mention getting to trail it with the pooch, who loves the boy.

The weather is great, gorgeous day, which means I probably won't see a damn thing other than the hogs that just came through, but that's why It's called hunting not killing.

I'm not getting out of this tree until dark unless my dad calls.

Anybody field dress a deer? not me!

10 minutes on the tailgate to field dress, 20 if it's hanging on the gambrel and I skin, gut, and quarter.

The old guys on my lease are smarter than me. They bring the whole deer/hog to a local processor and he charges $10 extra if the animal needs to be field dressed. No blood and guts on their arms and hands.

Last edited:
10 minutes on the tailgate to field dress, 20 if it's hanging on the gambrel and I skin, gut, and quarter.

The old guys on my lease are smarter than me. They bring the whole deer/hog to a local processor and he charges $10 extra if the animal needs to be field dressed. No blood and guts on their arms and hands.
Exactly, when you know how, you know how, it dosen't take much time

Three shooters on camera since yesterday afternoon at one blind and they didn't stick around to feed. Something must smell good.

I've got my dad in that blind and I'm 30' up a pine on the other side of the block. If something walks one of us ought to see it.

Overall, for my lease, this has been one of, if not the best season in our 20 years. A few kids and women have taken their first deer. It's so satisfying when a kid bags one doing exactly what I suggested to his dad when I showed them the area, not to mention getting to trail it with the pooch, who loves the boy.

The weather is great, gorgeous day, which means I probably won't see a damn thing other than the hogs that just came through, but that's why It's called hunting not killing.

I'm not getting out of this tree until dark unless my dad calls.
Glad you are having a good hunting season. Hope you kill a good one. It's a lot of fun watching a kid walk up to their first deer.

Anybody field dress a deer? not me!
You ain't lived till you have, who knows how many deer I've done, lots. I've done several hogs and a few fat calves, even field dressed a bull that weighed just short of a ton once. He got fed to my neighbors hyena, coyotes, and foxes, and who knows what else. They have an exotic animal business, they are always buying and selling things. That hyena when it was a pup chewed on my coveralls that had deer blood on them, and My daughter's all got to snuggle a baby lion cub there one time.

That is easier but I prefer to get the guts out and let the meat start cooling. IMO the meat is better. You didn't cap the hogs? Around here it is understood to take them out.

I am going to try hog hunting with a pistol. Just bought a Glockzilla. 10mm model 40 with a six inch barrel and a Leupold red dot. Biggest pistol Glock makes hence the moniker.

Glad you are having a good hunting season. Hope you kill a good one. It's a lot of fun watching a kid walk up to their first deer.

It's Florida and I don't carry my phone trailing game because I can throw a baseball and hit water from damn near anywhere.

I had a perfect photo op with Hunter, yeah that's his name, with his deer and my dog, but no camera.