BAD ASS CARS, Post them here!

I wished I would have saved pictures of them. But being here in S Bend as a kid everywhere you threw a rock you hit a half dozen Studebakers. There was 2 that I worked on to help others rebuild. And they were both amazing cars. The first was a 1953 Commander. That particular year had a super low hood sweep and was really stretched out in the front. Was an amazing looking ride. This is not it. But here is a one that looks a lot like it.

1675112562752.png

The other one I worked on was a 58 hybrid Studebaker / Packard. It was the original 'catfish' car. the mout on the grill was maybe the ugliest looking thing on earth. But the car itself was beautiful on the inside.

1675112804921.png

I wished I would have saved pictures of them. But being here in S Bend as a kid everywhere you threw a rock you hit a half dozen Studebakers. There was 2 that I worked on to help others rebuild. And they were both amazing cars. The first was a 1953 Commander. That particular year had a super low hood sweep and was really stretched out in the front. Was an amazing looking ride. This is not it. But here is a one that looks a lot like it.
The other one I worked on was a 58 hybrid Studebaker / Packard. It was the original 'catfish' car. the mout on the grill was maybe the ugliest looking thing on earth. But the car itself was beautiful on the inside.

View attachment 18445
I'd give my left nut for that car and believe it or not I thought the front end was beautiful. The Studebaker Golden Hawk was no slouch either.

image.jpg

View attachment 18444

View attachment 18445
I restored a 62 Lark to give to my Dad. I loved the car but really fell in love with the Presidental that our Studebaker club president had.

I restored a 62 Lark to give to my Dad. I loved the car but really fell in love with the Presidental that our Studebaker club president had.
They made beautiful cars. I wish they would have made it to the gas shortage in the 70s. They would have cleaned up. They specialized in making small affordable cars that would have been direct competition to anything Japan was sending over.