Florida State coaching search...

Rumor has it that his agent informed Minnesota that FSU and another school that is probably going to fire their coach (USC) had already expressed interest in him. Within the week Fleck got a big contract extension.

FSU should pay the buyout. Spare no expense. Fleck is absolutely a winner and will win big no matter where he is. Put him in a recruiting hotbed and he will be a contender for the NC for many years.

I'm looking for people to tell me a better coach for FSU going forward.

FSU should pay the buyout. Spare no expense. Fleck is absolutely a winner and will win big no matter where he is. Put him in a recruiting hotbed and he will be a contender for the NC for many years.

I'm looking for people to tell me a better coach for FSU going forward.

Tough to find a better coach that you can entice to come your way right now. A few other names Rhule (Baylor), Dykes (SMU)and Norvell (Memphis) may be worth looking at.

Tough to find a better coach that you can entice to come your way right now. A few other names Rhule (Baylor), Dykes (SMU)and Norvell (Memphis) may be worth looking at.

There's actually been some discussion about Mark Richt. He was OC under Bowden before he took the UGA job. I think that's a pipe dream since CMR is just recovering from his heart attack. (A real one....not that joke shit like Urban.) While I think the Richt discussion goes nowhere, it could be a good hire just because he would fix the environment and have a lot of success recruiting in Georgia.

Why? I'm hoping to hear what Nole fans think.

Well, I've seen first hand the build he's capable of.

He inherited two programs in bad shape, one a historical loser in Temple that had just lost two coaches in 3 years and was transitioning in conferences to heights they had never seen before, i.e. Beating PSU, hosting Game Day, getting consecutive 10 win seasons. The other, Baylor, who as on death's door and completely in ruins after a massive scandal that rocked it to it's core.

I also like that he went into a talent rich but extremely competitive state, one that he had zero familiarity with and zero connections, and has recruited his ass off and built up a profile in a place often cold to outsiders. I.E. I wouldn't worry about him coming into Florida or the Southeast and recruiting and building a staff.

Fleck's a true midwestern type of guy and he's a little more cornball. I certainly wouldn't complain about getting PJ. But if I had my choice, for the reasons I listed above, I'd prefer Matt.

That being said, I don't think we're really getting either of them.

His new buyout is $10 mil this year
Not if he leaves before Dec.... Something about the board having to sign off on it and do not meet until December.

That being said I doubt the guy signed this massive extension only to leave when he knew good and well FSU and USC were open or opening just to sign an extension then leave.

FSU is all in for Stoops right now. Until that avenue is completely closed everyone else is on the back burner. The door is still open but the light is dim through the crack of a door that is probably just barely cracked.

FSU is all in for Stoops right now. Until that avenue is completely closed everyone else is on the back burner. The door is still open but the light is dim through the crack of a door that is probably just barely cracked.

IMO, Stoops wouldn't be the best choice. FSU needs someone that is gonna change the environment. I don't think Stoops is up to the challenge. If things were different, he would be a great choice, but......

IMO, Stoops wouldn't be the best choice. FSU needs someone that is gonna change the environment. I don't think Stoops is up to the challenge. If things were different, he would be a great choice, but......
I am honestly not sure. He did it Ok once before. If he is hungry then he would be great. If he is not all in then no.

I like Rhule but would not shed a single tear if Odell got it and we did something like LSU and Oregon have done. A lower paid HC and spend money on the coordinators. Odell is a hell of a recruiter and would just let the OC and DC do their jobs. He is not an ego guy and is a great face for the program. I have no doubt kids would play hard for him.

What does that even mean?

FSU needs a coach that can build a program and do so with a great staff. Bob knows how to assemble a staff. And how to rebuild a blue blood that was down and out.

Still skeptical he gets the job, but he’s easily the best choice.

I am honestly not sure. He did it Ok once before. If he is hungry then he would be great. If he is not all in then no.

I like Rhule but would not shed a single tear if Odell got it and we did something like LSU and Oregon have done. A lower paid HC and spend money on the coordinators. Odell is a hell of a recruiter and would just let the OC and DC do their jobs. He is not an ego guy and is a great face for the program. I have no doubt kids would play hard for him.

Orgeron and Christobal had legit HC experience. Odell could very well be Larry Coker and Randy Shannon than he could Dabo.

Is stoops still a thing? I haven't been following this very close and last u heard he said it wasnt him.

Has something changed ?