2023 Coaching Carousel

Buster Faulkner would be the best choice, IMO. I remember when he played for Valdosta State. Dude is a brilliant offensive mind and has had some damn good teachers in his coaching career. At UGA, he was a GA under Mark Richt in 2006, QC under Todd Monken 2020-2022. Had multiple stints as an OC at lower levels including running a high powered offense at Arkansas State in 2016 that won a Sun Belt Championship. Holgersen would be my 2nd choice, but Faulkner knows what it is like in the SEC.

Buster Faulkner would be the best choice, IMO. I remember when he played for Valdosta State. Dude is a brilliant offensive mind and has had some damn good teachers in his coaching career. At UGA, he was a GA under Mark Richt in 2006, QC under Todd Monken 2020-2022. Had multiple stints as an OC at lower levels including running a high powered offense at Arkansas State in 2016 that won a Sun Belt Championship. Holgersen would be my 2nd choice, but Faulkner knows what it is like in the SEC.

Rant time: Fuck my life.

DeShaun Foster was hired as the new HC at UCLA, 7 days after he left UCLA as the RB coach to take the same position with the Las Vegas Raiders.

Completely ruined my damn day, I wanna break shit.

Foster apparently impressed them with this CEO approach coaches need to have nowadays in CFB. But, damn he better produce or they will turn on him quickly. But, he has never been an OC or DC. RB coach, SMDH.

It's a definite risk heading into a tough new conference.

Read something on NIL. The Maryland coach was approached by his 3rd string RB who wanted to transfer. Was asked why and the kid said unless he was given 100k he wanted out.

I thought this NIL and Portal business was good at first because coaches can leave for other jobs whenever but damn....this is really wild.

Read something on NIL. The Maryland coach was approached by his 3rd string RB who wanted to transfer. Was asked why and the kid said unless he was given 100k he wanted out.

I thought this NIL and Portal business was good at first because coaches can leave for other jobs whenever but damn....this is really wild.
If I'm the HC, my response is, "Good luck finding 100K. I wish you all the best. Thank you for your time."

Rant time: Fuck my life.

DeShaun Foster was hired as the new HC at UCLA, 7 days after he left UCLA as the RB coach to take the same position with the Las Vegas Raiders.

Completely ruined my damn day, I wanna break shit.

Foster apparently impressed them with this CEO approach coaches need to have nowadays in CFB. But, damn he better produce or they will turn on him quickly. But, he has never been an OC or DC. RB coach, SMDH.

It's a definite risk heading into a tough new conference.

Sam Pittman is the HC at Arkansas. He went from OL Coach to Head Coach. He's still there. He survived Saban in the SEC West. Dell McGee is UGA's RB Coach. I expect to see him taking an HC job every off-season. Fortunately, it hasn't happened yet. I really thought he was gonna be the next HC at his alma mater, Auburn, last year. He's more than qualified.