2. Georgia (6th nationally)
3. Florida (9th nationally)
4. Texas A&M (16th nationally)
5. LSU (25th nationally)
Arkansas (Considered)

Independents:
Notre Dame (10th nationally)
Liberty (Considered)

Why do they continue to put USC above Oregon? Also, ucla should be ranked.

They have UGA at #6. UGA just put 6 defensive backs in the draft. How in the hell can you be a top ten team when you start the season against Clemson with zero starts at cornerback even after you add an All-American from the portal. It's click bait at it's best. For what it's worth, I think ASU should be ranked higher than both USC and Oregon. Returning talent and Herm....it matters.

I am glad we are not in the rankings. Quite frankly we should not be. On the bright side, we are set up for our traditional dark horse seasons. IF we can win @PSU in our third game, things could get interesting in the SECW.

They have UGA at #6. UGA just put 6 defensive backs in the draft. How in the hell can you be a top ten team when you start the season against Clemson with zero starts at cornerback even after you add an All-American from the portal. It's click bait at it's best. For what it's worth, I think ASU should be ranked higher than both USC and Oregon. Returning talent and Herm....it matters.
Well said, and I agree ASU should also be ahead of USC.

Harsin is a helluva coach and will prove to be a great hire. It ain't gonna happen in year one, though.
You are probably right but that is how our dark horse seasons start off. Harsin is a great hire and I love the staff he put together. Gus did not leave a bare cabinet, and if they actually develop the talent on campus then we can surprise some folks. IMHO our ceiling this year is to be third in the division but that is just a couple of miracles away from winning it. I hope we never pass that magic horseshoe that is three feet up our asses ...

My thoughts:
- Cincy is way too low
- Miami FL and UNC are too high (especially Miami)

For the PAC 12:
I'm not going to worry about the order of how the team is ranked. I think it would be a little bit of a stretch to put any PAC team in the top 10 (for now) but I think there are quite a few teams that should be top 25 teams. I would put UCLA in the mix as well. I think UO, USC, ASU, UCLA and UW should be top 25 teams next year. Utah could be in the mix as well.

Last edited:
My thoughts:
- Cincy is way too low
- Miami FL and UNC are too high (especially Miami)

For the PAC 12:
I'm not going to worry about the order of how the team is ranked. I think it would be a little bit of a stretch to put any PAC team in the top 10 (for now) but I think there are quite a few teams that should be top 25 teams. I would put UCLA in the mix as well. I think UO, USC, ASU, UCLA and UW should be top 25 teams next year. Utah could be in the mix as well.

I think Utah will definitely be in the mix. As far as Cincy goes, I can't say for sure one way or the other. I just don't know what they are returning besides their QB. For G-5s, I'd give the nod to Coastal Carolina to be tops. If I'm not mistaken, they are returning every starter from 2020's 1 loss team. I don't remember that ever happening anywhere.

I think Utah will definitely be in the mix. As far as Cincy goes, I can't say for sure one way or the other. I just don't know what they are returning besides their QB. For G-5s, I'd give the nod to Coastal Carolina to be tops. If I'm not mistaken, they are returning every starter from 2020's 1 loss team. I don't remember that ever happening anywhere.

Utah - Really depends on how their QB play turns out. They got some interesting names from the transfer portal but it's still a question mark. If they get good QB play, they will be a top 25 team. If their QB play is average, they will be an average team.

Cincy - They've got a lot of key guys returning and their recruiting has been excellent for a G5 program.

Coastal Carolina - I don't follow the SBC super closely so I will take your word for it. They beat a pretty good BYU team so I know they don't suck. And if they have everyone back, they are probably a team to watch.

Utah - Really depends on how their QB play turns out. They got some interesting names from the transfer portal but it's still a question mark. If they get good QB play, they will be a top 25 team. If their QB play is average, they will be an average team.

Cincy - They've got a lot of key guys returning and their recruiting has been excellent for a G5 program.

Coastal Carolina - I don't follow the SBC super closely so I will take your word for it. They beat a pretty good BYU team so I know they don't suck. And if they have everyone back, they are probably a team to watch.

Speaking of Utah, Brewer looked really good in their spring game. If that's the kind of QB play they get this season, they may be the favorite to win the PAC 12.