Big XII expansion scenario

CowpokeU

What would you do, who would you take?

I'm convinced we have WVU for the long haul at this point so logically we move east. *If* we have a WVU-less scenario, I think we move west.

The two teams I would take off the bat that are open to poaching is

UCF & Bowling Green State University

UCF has the momentum in all sports, Baseball, Basketball and Football they have been doing amazing. They are among the top 5 fastest growing universities in the country and have an enrollment of 66k making them the largest undergrad university in the nation.

Also UCF comes with a huge Alumnus base with a few pretty big hitters.

BGSU: firstly, geographics is the key. Bowling Green sits on the Oh Wi border. It's alumus base is huge and has some serious beef behind it. Their sports aren't huge right now but with the backing of a Power 5 conference, I can see them gaining some serious steam. They are located in fertile Ohio recruiting grounds and give a short drive for WVU.

It's a weird pick with BGSU but Memphis and Cinci just lack financial backing, as does App State, GSU and Ga So.

I'm convinced we have WVU for the long haul at this point so logically we move east. *If* we have a WVU-less scenario, I think we move west.

UCF has the momentum in all sports, Baseball, Basketball and Football they have been doing amazing. They are among the top 5 fastest growing universities in the country and have an enrollment of 66k making them the largest undergrad university in the nation.

BGSU: firstly, geographics is the key. Bowling Green sits on the Oh Wi border. It's alumus base is huge and has some serious beef behind it. Their sports aren't huge right now but with the backing of a Power 5 conference, I can see them gaining some serious steam. They are located in fertile Ohio recruiting grounds and give a short drive for WVU.

It's a weird pick with BGSU but Memphis and Cinci just lack financial backing, as does App State, GSU and Ga So.

Today is 4/21 not 4/20, but maybe you're still going?

S8rVo3b.gif

Padding the schedule with Cupcakes by adding them to the conference. There's a novel idea.

Big guys out east are taken outside of UCF. Memphis and Houston are the only two "football good" schools out there but they come in territory we are already in. BGSU puts us in Ohio and let's be honest, a lot of good recruiting is coming out of Ohio, Wisky and Michigan, hell even PA.

I had to do this not from a who would make it a gauntlet perspective but from a footprint perspective.

If I could, I'd say, let's take UCF, Pitt, NC State and Memphis but two of those are out of the picture for another 3 or 4 years and Memphis has already been passed on due to their wishy washy appearance to the Big XII execs about 3 years ago or so which is what I had to keep in mind with this.

Houston is almost a no win since it's in Texas and we already have 4 teams there.

Big guys out east are taken outside of UCF. Memphis and Houston are the only two "football good" schools out there but they come in territory we are already in. BGSU puts us in Ohio and let's be honest, a lot of good recruiting is coming out of Ohio, Wisky and Michigan, hell even PA.

I had to do this not from a who would make it a gauntlet perspective but from a footprint perspective.

If I could, I'd say, let's take UCF, Pitt, NC State and Memphis but two of those are out of the picture for another 3 or 4 years and Memphis has already been passed on due to their wishy washy appearance to the Big XII execs about 3 years ago or so which is what I had to keep in mind with this.

Houston is almost a no win since it's in Texas and we already have 4 teams there.

I hate the bastards with a passion, but Georgia State would be huge for the Big XII. They are in downtown Atlanta. The metro Atlanta area is possibly the biggest recruiting hotbed in the nation. Atlanta doesn't consider itself a Georgia city. It's a national and international city.

UNC and Mizzou. Both teams are great, and I think their quality of play makes them good applicants for a 2nd-3rd tier conference. With OU holding it down, I think UNC stands a good chance of contending for a record similar to OU

I hate the bastards with a passion, but Georgia State would be huge for the Big XII. They are in downtown Atlanta. The metro Atlanta area is possibly the biggest recruiting hotbed in the nation. Atlanta doesn't consider itself a Georgia city. It's a national and international city.

I seriously thought about GSU but I actually did some sleuthing to get me where I needed to be and GSU didn't have the Alumni Base and would content with GT for inner city dominance.

I may rethink that position but I need to dig deeper on GSU

UNC and Mizzou. Both teams are great, and I think their quality of play makes them good applicants for a 2nd-3rd tier conference. With OU holding it down, I think UNC stands a good chance of contending for a record similar to OU

Mizzou coming back would be a pipe dream. I'd love to have our Big 8 - Colorado brethren back but I don't see it happening

I seriously thought about GSU but I actually did some sleuthing to get me where I needed to be and GSU didn't have the Alumni Base and would content with GT for inner city dominance.

I may rethink that position but I need to dig deeper on GSU

The entire SEC has players on their teams from Metro Atlanta. I'm simply talking about constant BigXII exposure in recruiting. GT and UGA ain't gonna happen, but think about the BigXII having a game in downtown ATL every other week, every year. That's a huge foothold in a huge market.

The entire SEC has players on their teams from Metro Atlanta. I'm simply talking about constant BigXII exposure in recruiting. GT and UGA ain't gonna happen, but think about the BigXII having a game in downtown ATL every other week, every year. That's a huge foothold in a huge market.

That's very true. I looked at their enrollment and they have a Top 5 enrollment base in the nation which I didn't realize. They don't have many major deep pockets but they have a shit ton of smaller deep pockets that could help.

They actually may be a big piece and by judging, definitely a bigger get than BGSU but still in the same, smaller sport school category

That's very true. I looked at their enrollment and they have a Top 5 enrollment base in the nation which I didn't realize. They don't have many major deep pockets but they have a shit ton of smaller deep pockets that could help.

They actually may be a big piece and by judging, definitely a bigger get than BGSU but still in the same, smaller sport school category

They also have the financial backing of the Georgia Legislature. This is one of the reasons I hate the bastards.