***College Basketball Thread***

USATSI_22709103.jpg

SEC Champs baby!

Hey @della , it’s up to the Vols to end the season for Purdue. You have a fan in me. How do you feel about the matchup?
I think Purdue is a great balanced team. You may recall they beat us in the Maui classic by 4 pts. I don't know how much Purdue has improved since then if any. We are vastly improved. Our PG was on limited minutes due to a recovering ACL, he played 28 minutes against Purdue. He has improved and was named defensive POY in the SEC. He will play 40 minutes this time. We also have a consensus All America in Dalton Knecht. He was a transfer and will be more integrated into the team this time. Last time we had 2 players that fouled out. I doubt that happens again.

So, I like our chances, but Purdue is a great team so you never know.

I think Purdue is a great balanced team. You may recall they beat us in the Maui classic by 4 pts. I don't know how much Purdue has improved since then if any. We are vastly improved. Our PG was on limited minutes due to a recovering ACL, he played 28 minutes against Purdue. He has improved and was named defensive POY in the SEC. He will play 40 minutes this time. We also have a consensus All America in Dalton Knecht. He was a transfer and will be more integrated into the team this time. Last time we had 2 players that fouled out. I doubt that happens again.

It will be impressive if the SEC can put 2 teams in the Final 4, cant remember how long since that has happened.

FWIW, I saw this on another board:

When Wisconsin beat Purdue in the Big Ten Tournament, Edey had 28, including 14-19 from the line. No one else scored in double figures for Purdue. Limiting their guards might be the answer.

FWIW, I saw this on another board:

When Wisconsin beat Purdue in the Big Ten Tournament, Edey had 28, including 14-19 from the line. No one else scored in double figures for Purdue. Limiting their guards might be the answer.
That Loyer kid kicked our ass last game from 3. The refs went foul crazy last game too. Eddy was only 9/17 from the FT line. We have to lock down their guards, contain Eddy (not stop, but contain) and finally we have to hit shots. This game has a finals feel to it even though it's just E-8.

We couldn't even slow Eddy down, so that's the way the ball deflates. However, we had a nice run, won the SEC and didn't get beat by a no name, so I'm good.