Conference Realignment?

Both the B1G and SEC would love to have that market.

Things can change. School politics can be messy, especially when they invite state politics into the room.

However, I've heard UNCs board prefers the SEC to the Big Ten. I initially thought UNC would prefer the Big Ten and the research giant they are creating but that's not what I'm being told. UVA/VT are already tied together. UNC and NC State will likely get tied together shortly. I think there's a chance the SEC comes in and takes all 4 of them to expand their footprint into VA and NC. I don't think the Big Ten values UVA/VT because Maryland already covers the DMV market for them. Likewise, I don't think the SEC values FSU and Miami as much as the Big Ten does.

Last comment - Watch out for Clemson over the next 4-8 weeks. They're going to become more aggressive behind the scenes to make sure they don't get left behind.

Things can change. School politics can be messy, especially when they invite state politics into the room.

However, I've heard UNCs board prefers the SEC to the Big Ten. I initially thought UNC would prefer the Big Ten and the research giant they are creating but that's not what I'm being told. UVA/VT are already tied together. UNC and NC State will likely get tied together shortly. I think there's a chance the SEC comes in and takes all 4 of them to expand their footprint into VA and NC. I don't think the Big Ten values UVA/VT because Maryland already covers the DMV market for them. Likewise, I don't think the SEC values FSU and Miami as much as the Big Ten does.

Last comment - Watch out for Clemson over the next 4-8 weeks. They're going to become more aggressive behind the scenes to make sure they don't get left behind.

Still wish I could sit the boards from these schools down and have them explain the logic of the agreement they signed off on, with the ACC.

'So let me get this straight, everyone agrees to this insane buy out of 50 million. And to have ND as a non football conference member, and to divide payments from bowls etc in this wacky tier system. And then the presiding document that controls all of this will never be available in its totality electronically. But only in 1 written form that will ever more be housed only at the ACC HQ. And if you want to view it. You have to sign off on who all will be coming to view. Which will be no more than 3 people at a time. No one can bring any kind of electronic or recording devices with the room with them. The school asking to do so will pay for there to be legal representation from the ACC to be with them at all times while viewing the establishing document. The ACC gets to choose whom they use for that legal representation. And any notes taken of any kind will be cleared by said legal representation before it can leave the room. And you cannot quote more than 1 sentence or so depending on the clause in those notes.'

Still wish I could sit the boards from these schools down and have them explain the logic of the agreement they signed off on, with the ACC.

'So let me get this straight, everyone agrees to this insane buy out of 50 million. And to have ND as a non football conference member, and to divide payments from bowls etc in this wacky tier system. And then the presiding document that controls all of this will never be available in its totality electronically. But only in 1 written form that will ever more be housed only at the ACC HQ. And if you want to view it. You have to sign off on who all will be coming to view. Which will be no more than 3 people at a time. No one can bring any kind of electronic or recording devices with the room with them. The school asking to do so will pay for there to be legal representation from the ACC to be with them at all times while viewing the establishing document. The ACC gets to choose whom they use for that legal representation. And any notes taken of any kind will be cleared by said legal representation before it can leave the room. And you cannot quote more than 1 sentence or so depending on the clause in those notes.'

It really is bizarre. I don't think they're going to be able to hold FSU to it. My guess is there will be a settlement. The big question is how much will it cost FSU (and others) to leave the ACC?