Conference Realignment?

That's the only way to save the Rose Bowl's status, so you are probably correct. The PAC will live on for that one reason. It's a shame that the MWC must die the PAC's death.
Fuck the Rose Bowl. Pretentious assholes. Anything that diminishes their self proclaimed glory is a good thing.

The Rose Bowl is going to be part of the 12 team CFP moving forward. It's not going to have a PAC tie in after this year.

Make USC and Oregon pay.

OSU and WSU will probably win the legal battle. This will give them them the ability to keep the PAC 12 assets. I still think the most likely outcome is a merger with the MWC. Essentially the MWC would add OSU and WSU but they would brand themselves as the PAC and keep the PAC 12 infrastructure for themselves. GK will not be a part of that.

There's a less likely option where OSU and WSU try to pick and choose what teams they want from the AAC and the MWC. They would have to use the money from the PAC 12 infrastructure to buy those teams out. However, there are still 2 major hurdles preventing this from happening. The PAC 12 doesn't have a TV deal. Teams are unlikely to jump if they don't have a deal and don't know what they're going to be making. The other hurdle is the fact that OSU and WSU would like to keep a lot of the leftover PAC 12 money and valuable assets. They don't want to use it on buying teams out. A merger with the MWC prevents them from having to buy anyone out.

OSU and WSU will probably win the legal battle. This will give them them the ability to keep the PAC 12 assets. I still think the most likely outcome is a merger with the MWC. Essentially the MWC would add OSU and WSU but they would brand themselves as the PAC and keep the PAC 12 infrastructure for themselves. GK will not be a part of that.

There's a less likely option where OSU and WSU try to pick and choose what teams they want from the AAC and the MWC. They would have to use the money from the PAC 12 infrastructure to buy those teams out. However, there are still 2 major hurdles preventing this from happening. The PAC 12 doesn't have a TV deal. Teams are unlikely to jump if they don't have a deal and don't know what they're going to be making. The other hurdle is the fact that OSU and WSU would like to keep a lot of the leftover PAC 12 money and valuable assets. They don't want to use it on buying teams out. A merger with the MWC prevents them from having to buy anyone out.
Agree with the probable legal outcome. I think it will depend on "notice of withdrawl". No matter what, I think they easily keep USC, UCLA, CU all out of the board voting, but I don't know if Oregon, Washington, Arizona, ASU, or Utah ever "officially" sent notice, so they may be able to vote, even after accepting invitations from other leagues. I truly doubt it, but you never know.

As to the process moving forward, I think a reverse merger is most likely, but have a few questions with that as well. I believe both conferences would keep all assets (including NCAAT credits), but:
- Would they have to buy out GK's contract
- Would they be able to renegotiate special payouts, like Boise State's additional $
- Would they be able to renegotiate the MWC contract with CBS and Fox - and could they get more $ per team?
- Would they be able to maintain their bowl agreements. It has already been reported many are looking for new partners, but where they all expiring?

OSU and WSU won the legal battle and now control the PAC 12 infrastructure. However, it doesn't look like a merger with the MWC is as inevitable as it was a couple of months ago. OSU and WSU seem to be stalling for the next 2 years in hopes that there will be more conference realignment chaos that would allow them to join another conference or pick up some pieces and rebuild the PAC 12 (much less likely IMO). I still think they will end up joining the MWC by 2026.

At first, a lot of people are questioning this move by the ACC. But here's the reality for the ACC. They're going to lose some members in the near future. If they fall below 15 members, ESPN is allowed to renegotiate. Their payout would likely see a decrease in this scenario because one can presume the most valuable programs would be the ones leaving. Adding Cal/Stanford and SMU gives them an insurance policy. If FSU or others bail, they can still stay above the 15 number and continue receiving their current payouts.

If you want to know who is trying to get out of the ACC and feels confident that they have a spot in the Big Ten and/or SEC, just look at who officially voted no. It's extremely rare that schools vote no to expansion on the official vote. FSU, Clemson and UNC are sending out smoke signals to the SEC/Big Ten.

And just like that, FSU has started the process for leaving the ACC.