Do Flying Saucers....

Yes there is and it used to have one of the best steakhouses around until somebody accussed the owner or russelling cattle. It was false but bad news spreads fast. I ate at it just before it went under and great steaks shame.
There is a Bugtussle around you someehere around isnt there?

Near Cullman, right on 269? If that is the one, I have eaten there a few times growing up and it was great. Actually had a teacher that lived near there.

EDIT: 69 not 269 possibly ... been many years.

For years it was packed with people from Birmingham, Huntsville, Jasper in addition to Cullman. You know it had to be great for a joint basically in the middle of nowhere to get that kind of traffic. One of the draws if I remember was some huge steak was free if you could eat it all.
That's right! I had forgotten about that! I didn't try it, the regular steak was big enough for me.

Thanks … if you are from around there, do you happen to know any Garrets(sp)?
I moved here about 20 years ago. The only Garret I know is Jim Garret he was a judge in Birmingham.
Funny story. I dropped by his courtroom one day and there as a trial going on. He called the baliff over who dismissed court. Jum then motioned to me and we went into his office to catch up. After I got out all four attorneys there was all over me wanting to be friends.

Last edited:
I moved here about 20 years ago. The only Garret I know is Jim Garret he was a judge in Birmingham.
Funny story. I dropped by his courtroom one day and there as a trial going on. He called the baliff over who dismissed court. Jum then motioned to me and we went into his office to catch up. After I got out all four attorneys there was all over me wanting to be friends.

Thanks, but I have been out of school long enough that I misremembered her name … it was Mrs. Garrison, not Garrett. She lived a couple of miles from Bugtussle Steak house. She was the sharpest woman I have ever met. She was very kind but never hesitated to tell a hard truth to a student that needed one, which was normally me. I have sooooo much respect for her and often wondered where she went after I left Walker County for boot camp.