Exactly a year ago today...

LeroyOU12

I smoked my last cigarette. I never thought I'd make it this far.
0.jpg

good on you -

btw, do you work in the oil n gas field ?
the other day
i was tryin to remember which okies did -
Yes I did, been in midstream oil and gas sector for over 30 years. Got laid off in 2015, haven't been back since, but still moonlighting for oil and gas companies with their projects.

yep -
thats the problem i see -
we're gonna lose alota senior guys with experience
due to their higher salaries/pay,
and be left with the younger less-experienced
when we fire back up -
You're exactly right. I was running a crew of several junior project managers / engineers, they asked me to write a manual book of procedures of everything I do including all the scenarios and problems that may arise during the course of the project, and how I would solve them. I knew what they were doing, so I told them I'm not a technical writer, get one to sit with me and I'll tell them verbally and he/she can put it in writing. I got my walking paper a week later.

I don't miss the corporate rat race at all.

Last edited:
Congrats to you @LeroyOU12 ! I've bounced between smoking, chewing and not using either, and lately had been smoking only when I drink. But then the quarantine started and I've been damn near chain smoking. And since I decided I'm painting my whole apartment anyway (and the weather sucked) I started smoking indoors too. It's not bueno. Luckily I feel so shitty that it should make it easier to quit cold turkey, which I plan to do in the next few days.

Congrats to you @LeroyOU12 ! I've bounced between smoking, chewing and not using either, and lately had been smoking only when I drink. But then the quarantine started and I've been damn near chain smoking. And since I decided I'm painting my whole apartment anyway (and the weather sucked) I started smoking indoors too. It's not bueno. Luckily I feel so shitty that it should make it easier to quit cold turkey, which I plan to do in the next few days.
The first 4-5 months were hard I had to stop drinking too, I craved for a cig every time I drink. Chantix helped me big time, it suppresses the craving especially in the morning. I took it everyday for the first 4 months. Try Chantix bro, it works and best of luck on quitting.

The first 4-5 months were hard I had to stop drinking too, I craved for a cig every time I drink. Chantix helped me big time, it suppresses the craving especially in the morning. I took it everyday for the first 4 months. Try Chantix bro, it works and best of luck on quitting.
I tried Chantix a few years back, and unfortunately I had some of the worst side effects that they warn you about. I’ll get this beat another way.

I tried Chantix a few years back, and unfortunately I had some of the worst side effects that they warn you about. I’ll get this beat another way.
I had those side effects too, but they went away after about 5 weeks for me, except those weird vivid dreams sometimes wet :ROFLMAO:

Damn dude, hang in there bro! I quit chewing on July 30th, 2010 when my dentist (also an oral surgeon) scared the shit right outta me. Quitting was like a fucking divorce!! Still have dreams about the pleasure of jamming in a fattie (red man golden blend) then pissed that I did it. It’s really rough but you can do it!

You're exactly right. I was running a crew of several junior project managers / engineers, they asked me to write a manual book of procedures of everything I do including all the scenarios and problems that may arise during the course of the project, and how I would solve them. I knew what they were doing, so I told them I'm not a technical writer, get one to sit with me and I'll tell them verbally and he/she can put it in writing. I got my walking paper a week later.

I don't miss the corporate rat race at all.
Should have wrote the procedures as such:

Subject: "Insert whatever subject is"

Subject detail:

It's complicated, call me.

Subject 2: "Insert whatever subject 2 is"

It's complicated, call me.

Etc. Etc.
--------------
Job Security, it's an art. 😁

Damn dude, hang in there bro! I quit chewing on July 30th, 2010 when my dentist (also an oral surgeon) scared the shit right outta me. Quitting was like a fucking divorce!! Still have dreams about the pleasure of jamming in a fattie (red man golden blend) then pissed that I did it. It’s really rough but you can do it!

Occasionally I still dream I’m chewing and wake myself up spitting.....check my face and sheets and I didn’t actually spit...