Feels good

College wrestling is finally here again after having the championships canceled last year. @CowpokeU @Basement Bias @cogarboy All your teams wrestled already. I had to wait till last night. Minnesota's first dual was last weekend, and you Oklahoma teams I think have been for 2 weeks now?
I'm just glad wrestling is happening. Here's to a good healthy season for everyone.

Ferrari is looking like a beast. I expect him to win it this year.

I haven't seen him wrestle yet this year, but he should be good and wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him pushing to be high on the podium.

I'm excited to watch Brayton Lee and of course Gable. Hopefully Gable gets the job done this year. Team wise, we have a ways to go before being a true competitor.
We get to watch our teams wrestle each other this coming Friday, Well I will have to watch the tape delay, daughter has bball games. Minny is favored at 157 and hvy.

Should be able to watch since the step kids will be away this coming weekend. Just have to get the tv from my kids and wife if possible.
That's good. Just tell everyone now that they can do whatever they want. You are watching wrestling.

College wrestling is finally here again after having the championships canceled last year. @CowpokeU @Basement Bias @cogarboy All your teams wrestled already. I had to wait till last night. Minnesota's first dual was last weekend, and you Oklahoma teams I think have been for 2 weeks now?
I'm just glad wrestling is happening. Here's to a good healthy season for everyone.
Just finally got around to watching the Oklahoma/ASU match Friday night. Nice to have it back

Word is kerklivet is out for the season at hvy for penn st. They still have Nevills so they won't loose a ton of points at nationals but kerklivet was for real. He would of given Gable Steveson some problems from the talk going around.

Looks like my HS alma mater has a good shot at running state and dual state this year.

I went 4 years as a bridesmaid and never a bride in HS as state and dual state runner up

How is yours ran? In IN we used to have a single class team state dual tournament. The top 2 teams from each individual opening round (called sectionals) would move on to the regionals. Then actual duals would occur as the regionals had 4 teams (16 sites) and only 1 would move on to semi state. 8 teams total would make it to the state dual tournament. That was scrapped by the IHSAA as it wasn't a money maker. So the the coaches association (IHSWCA) created a classed team state dual tournament. Now there are 4 classes and so many teams per class are invited to the state duals. 2 smaller school divisions have 12 teams and the 2 bigger school divisions have 8 teams. The IHSAA has kept the individual tournament single class. They award the team with the highest scores from each portion of the tournament as the sectional, regional, semi state, and state champion. So if you have enough guys and place high, you can win the Individual team state championship. Wish we had 4 separate tournaments. I like the single class and classed team duals. Wish we could do both for the individual side. Maybe have classed individual tournament to help seed a single class individual tournament.

Iowa crowns a individual state team champion and a state dual champion in all 3 classes of schools, 1a being the smallest schools, 3a being the largest schools. We used to hold the state dual championships a week or so after the state tournament, but now the team championships are the 2 days leading up to the state tournament. I think that it has hampered the dual team championships, because you have teams holding kids out of the duals for various reasons, possible injury, making weight for an extra day or so, and the kids just getting worn down before the individual tournament are probably the biggest reasons.

How is yours ran? In IN we used to have a single class team state dual tournament. The top 2 teams from each individual opening round (called sectionals) would move on to the regionals. Then actual duals would occur as the regionals had 4 teams (16 sites) and only 1 would move on to semi state. 8 teams total would make it to the state dual tournament. That was scrapped by the IHSAA as it wasn't a money maker. So the the coaches association (IHSWCA) created a classed team state dual tournament. Now there are 4 classes and so many teams per class are invited to the state duals. 2 smaller school divisions have 12 teams and the 2 bigger school divisions have 8 teams. The IHSAA has kept the individual tournament single class. They award the team with the highest scores from each portion of the tournament as the sectional, regional, semi state, and state champion. So if you have enough guys and place high, you can win the Individual team state championship. Wish we had 4 separate tournaments. I like the single class and classed team duals. Wish we could do both for the individual side. Maybe have classed individual tournament to help seed a single class individual tournament.

Ours were done by rankings. The top 8 schools would then dual by rankings or: 8vs1 7vs2 6vs3 5vs4 and go from there. We always made the finals and in 4 years combined lost by a total of 5 points. Fucking suuuuucked and didn't feel good

Iowa crowns a individual state team champion and a state dual champion in all 3 classes of schools, 1a being the smallest schools, 3a being the largest schools. We used to hold the state dual championships a week or so after the state tournament, but now the team championships are the 2 days leading up to the state tournament. I think that it has hampered the dual team championships, because you have teams holding kids out of the duals for various reasons, possible injury, making weight for an extra day or so, and the kids just getting worn down before the individual tournament are probably the biggest reasons.

We wrestle from 2a to 5a with my HS being the smallest wrestling school in the state but we produce in a big way. Wrestling in my town is treated like Football in Permian TX

We wrestle from 2a to 5a with my HS being the smallest wrestling school in the state but we produce in a big way. Wrestling in my town is treated like Football in Permian TX
I can't say the same for mine. When I was in school in the early to mid 90s we were one of several really tough programs in my corner of the state, we even won it once. Had alot of support, then a coach change that was bullshit, and the program nose dived. As you can imagine fan support has waned. Have a young coach now that the kids like and is starting to get some results again. There were 4 or 5 teams from my little corner of the state that we wrestled often that were just tough as hell.

I'm in area that is similar I would say. My alma mater was always 2nd fiddle to our northern county rival. The northern county rival treats it big time compared to us, but we treat it pretty big compared to most in a basketball state. We've had only 1 individual champ (before I was born) while they've had a few. We've both had many individual placers and a streak of sending a wrestler each year if not many. They always would beat us for the chance to move on into regionals during the single class team dual tournament and would usually end up in the top 4. They had won it before I was born a couple of times and maybe once when I was young. When the classed team dual tournament started, we won 3 of the first 4 while they weren't invited in their class. Last year they won it for the first time, but have a couple of runner ups as of recently. We won another a couple years ago to bring it to 4 or 5 titles. This year and about 3 years were the few times we didn't finish runner up. The county radio station has always broadcast duals and tournaments and tape delayed basketball games. Last year they created the only weekly radio show for wrestling in the state. They've gotten a lot of guests from all over the state. It's been really neat to see, since on the mat the area is no longer the hotbed of the state. Other places have taken over near the Indy metro. No longer is it "Da Region" (Chicago area of Indiana), Evansville, and our little pocket between Ft Wayne & Muncie.

I can't say the same for mine. When I was in school in the early to mid 90s we were one of several really tough programs in my corner of the state, we even won it once. Had alot of support, then a coach change that was bullshit, and the program nose dived. As you can imagine fan support has waned. Have a young coach now that the kids like and is starting to get some results again. There were 4 or 5 teams from my little corner of the state that we wrestled often that were just tough as hell.

Hell keeping a coach long at my school is amazing. Our school had a full rotation of Oklahoma State and OU wrestlers including National Champs who come in to an already well oiled machine. Coach a couple of years and head out.