First (and second) thread lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like we didn't razz the hell out of anyone new coming on Rivals. And if a group had come busting in like we did, we'd have razzed them, too.

Pretty much the only one who stayed a dick is still a dick and we laugh at him.

How soon some have forgotten that Peter went to Rivals and rattled a few cages there on our behalf even though he certainly didn't have to.

With one exception, and he knows who he is, not one of us ever crossed a line into someone's dead relatives. It's just not done.

We existed on sites with the likes of moron, star and others. We existed on sites with the likes of a poor seagull. Peter and Toad can SUCK IT THE HELL up and exist here with each other posting.

Someone wants a site where they get veto rights over who comes in, go start their own facebook group.

I'd like this twice if I could

Yknow, I'm reluctant to even make this post, but, I already kept my mouth shut about several mistruths that were to my own detriment, and while I am done with this site ONLY because this piece of shit is posting here, I am going to clear the air on a few things, rather than allow myself to be slandered with assumption and bullshit.

First things first. What I said last night was vile, and evil, inexcusable, and I am legitimately, honest ashamed of myself. Peter, for whatever it is worth, and, I expect nothing, you have my sincere apologies. And I assure you, my blood boils typing that out. But I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong. And, reading what I have I've lost the friendship and respect of many I consider friends and respect. So be it. I can't blame you.

Complete transparency? I've been going through a rough time. Two funerals in ten days, and other woes to boot. No excuse. A man shouldn't lose his conviction, and me more than most. I was tired, stressed, famished, in mourning and drunk, and again none of these are an excuse for the garbage that I typed up and posted, knowing full well it was wrong. As much as it kills me, again, I am sorry.

Now, as for the rest....this is the truth. Peter is a piece of shit. Fuck him. Y'all like the bastard? Enjoy him. What I said to him was fucking savage and cold and soulless. But he is a human cancer. He is responsible for my ban at Hoopla. He can deny it...and I'm sure he will. But, he's responsible for it. I joined this site, honestly considering myself done with message boards, especially college football ones because truthfully, what's the point anyone? Consider it advanced age, or changed priorities, I just don't care like I once did. I came here because I hoped to rekindle the best of what we had at Rivals, where I spent a decade and made what I'd like to think we're several friendships. The rivals ban was what it was, unfair, but personal and political. Much as I hated losing it, I "get it".

I joined Hoopla, with the rest of you, trying to reconverge, and yeah, I came in pistols blazing, especially in the political thread. And I got banned. I still say it was malarkey as what I said was mild and tame compare to the rest of the bile I saw there, but, I was the new guy throwing haymakers and got booted. I had no qualms with that. I admitted as much in public and private. That said...the hoop was a shit site that was very cliquey and unfairly moderated. After my boot from the Hoop pit, I was on good behavior, hell, great behavior. I kept getting restricted, earned, banned from board after board without valid explanation, and eventually booted for bullshit reasons anyway. There's another poster here who can vouch for this. I won't mention his name, so as not to get him caught up in this bullshit....but a mod there essentially playing favorites to his goons kept putting more and more elbow on me for unjustified reasons. This poster and I, discussing it, came to the same conclusion that PG was wielding unofficial power behind the scenes, and it was likely only his uncertain opinion of me that had even allowed me to exist there. Then, the very day he and I have a spat, I'm banned within hours. What a coincidence. And here he is, claiming ....well, shit, just read his post prior to mine.

He's a liar, he's a snake, and I will not be a part of this community so long as he is. That's my call. I won't lie and pretend I won't miss it, in the few days I've been here it almost felt like going home. But despite my (likely unsalvageable) reputation, on principle, I cannot and will not be where he is. I asked he not be admitted here, as I was under the false assumption it was a unanimous invite only board, so I was furious to see him here. Still no excuse mind you, for what I said, just a reiteration. But, I won't post so long as he does. I thought this was rivals 2.right, not Hoopla the second. I'm done. I'm-TRULY- sorry about what I said about his daughter. But, fuck him. I will not tolerate nor do-exist with him. And yeah, that's petty and stubborn and defiant on me. Enjoy him. Sincerely....shit, you may as well. But don't trust him.

This is longer and more rambling than I intended, but it's not easy reading legitimate criticism stoked my innuendo and outright lies. I've said my piece. So, yeah, I'll still read from time to time....I check up on my friends. So, I'll see the comments, and yes, I'll take my lashes, and yeah, I get you won't want me back anyway. That's fair. Guns up. Roll Tide. And, if anyone does want to message me or email me (I believe most of you have it), feel free to do so. I hate that I'll be remembered as I apparently clearly will be, but, you have to follow your gut. God bless.

-Trey
^^^^^this is the Toad we know.^^^^^^

Further if the board is discussing memberships obviously it will take more people to make it a comfortable reality.

It's no big deal I'm just trying to flip the POV.

It is a large board and for some that's cumbersome
That was the case for me. I got engaged once in the "good morning thread" and could not keep up, much less comment. Too many posters, too many threads, and too much clutter for me to keep up with and still function doing other things.

But we did, we always had guys come in but usually we were tame compared to how the hoop was for us.

On the hoop we got called every name under the sun, posters would stalk us around from sub forum to sub forum.

I never saw Pete in action, going to be honest, his brand of bravado never really meshed with me, nor did handis.

Also hate AG so that rubbed me wrong that he was a celeb there.

Either way, I was never made to feel at home on the hoop, even after almost a year there, they didn't make us feel welcome.

There were 4 guys I was pleasant with and who were welcoming, @Copejunkie and @Cowboyinexile being two of the 4.
And I didn't consider myself a native hooplan either. I lurked on rivals for years, reading all you and everyone else's posts. Tried to even post but it never went through or wasn't allowed, for whatever reason so I lurked. When you all went to the hoop I decided to sign up as well.

But we did, we always had guys come in but usually we were tame compared to how the hoop was for us.

On the hoop we got called every name under the sun, posters would stalk us around from sub forum to sub forum.

I never saw Pete in action, going to be honest, his brand of bravado never really meshed with me, nor did handis.

Also hate AG so that rubbed me wrong that he was a celeb there.

Either way, I was never made to feel at home on the hoop, even after almost a year there, they didn't make us feel welcome.

There were 4 guys I was pleasant with and who were welcoming, @Copejunkie and @Cowboyinexile being two of the 4.
I appreciate that though

Agreed, they weren't welcoming and guys like Peter, Handi, and others were, to me, Star on steroids and the reason I quit posting on the hoop because they seemed to live on it and jump into every thread with their hyperbolic assholery.

Didn't care for it there, won't tolerate it here.

With Toads explosion last night, I get it. I was angry when I saw hoop guys jumping here when I thought we were keeping things a bit more hush hush.

Also, I won't condem toad as I myself said some jacked shit to Janty as well (still mean it but that's words best thought and not said).

I can acknowledge Handi was allowed to persist longer than he should've been.

I was glad to see you here. When I saw your tag, "seriously, don't take me seriously" I laughed, should be everyone's attitude. Guess my personal investment goes with the job of herding cats. There is a small group of posters that I am personal friends with, and they do not hesitate to ream me a new asshole when they think I fuck up, which I appreciate. You did tell me in a personal message that you did not want toad banned. He was not. I now have an almost amicable relationship with Handi on the hoop because I don't give a shit and realize that he's just a seagull who flies around shitting on everything he can. Once you get that that is who he is it is easy take him for what he is worth and occasionally give him a like on the rare occasions that he is the blind squirrel finding a nut. (ok, maybe too many animal analogies, but hey, they make the point) Not worth losing any quality posters over folks taking an interwebz message board too seriously or personally. That includes all 3 of you that have engaged. @CouchOnFire , @Toadman005 This is also my message to you... Trying to make this a place where you can have a civil discourse with people you have never met in real life who have opposing views without it becoming personal unless it was on a friendly basis. Think of it this way: if any of you needed a a couch, pillow, and blanket in one of the other's town, would it be denied over this shit?...
so does it mean we can post raw titties ITT?

*Cowpoke ehhhh, I'mma leave it but edit it
Snapchat-421267587.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Further if the board is discussing memberships obviously it will take more people to make it a comfortable reality.

It's no big deal I'm just trying to flip the POV.

It is a large board and for some that's cumbersome
But your flip of the POV didnt include that we eventually had a Rivals outcast like us create a board here for us to go to.

So that would be like the group of folks who came to Rivals finally created their own home. Then some Rivals person who had beef with some of them followed them to their new digs.

I'm not excusing the words that Toad said, but i can underatand his frustration of someone who he had history with and feels got him banned at tHoop showing up here. We came here to get away from that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.