Game threads

RTR...USN (ret)

Shore Patrol
Staff member
Folks, @Kace-1 does a great job of running game threads for us, but I sure would like to see more participation from our board members in his threads. Most of the time he's carrying on a conversation with himself. It's just my opinion, but if we want to see the board continue to grow we need our members to get more involved in the game threads. It's a small thing, but I think it's important. We're watching the games, why not take a moment to engage in the threads?
Thanks in Advance!

Who can get a word in edgewise?

It's real nice but if I want play by play, I can watch it on tv or phone.

The enjoyment of a game thread is the interaction among the participants not a domination of the conversation. This is why the hoop game threads are awesome and darn funny sometimes.

I know some like the play by play. I'm not one of them.

The enjoyment of a game thread is the interaction among the participants not a domination of the conversation. This is why the hoop game threads are awesome and darn funny sometimes.

More Burrow Butt, then?

LOL. I HATED the hoop game threads when I got there, mainly so different from our TRADITIONAL Rivals ones where attacking teams and idle comments were frowned on.

Now, I enjoy them because nobody, including the fans of the teams take offense and pithy observations are encouraged and, for the most part, everyone gets along.

I think that's what our fearless modder is saying, we need more posts interjected from other posters. Kace wouldn't have to rattle off consecutive posts if more of us jumped in. I should do better, I will do better. In 5Q I believe !!!

Words of wisdom as always. We're not all alike, and we all like different things / styles, but regardless of the style you prefer we should be able to agree that we need more folks involved.

Words of wisdom as always. We're not all alike, and we all like different things / styles, but regardless of the style you prefer we should be able to agree that we need more folks involved.

Yes,. But the "flow" of a thread is just as important. If the flow is constantly interrupted, then it becomes frustrating and you lose interest, which is what happened to me when these types of threads started back on Rivals.

But, just not my cup of tea, hope you get some others to join in. Participation in game threads has been going downward for a while.

Hope the trend can be reversed.

I truly enjoy the "show" Kace puts on. I like the little known facts about personalities on, and off, the broadcast he brings to the thread. I also like the challenge of interjecting something of my own. He normally ignores me but that's the challenge.

I like thread flow, but I also like to see a butterfly spread their wings and fly !!!!

Nipples and Burrow Butt Forevar !!!!

Noted,,

I truly enjoy the "show" Kace puts on. I like the little known facts about personalities on, and off, the broadcast he brings to the thread. I also like the challenge of interjecting something of my own. He normally ignores me but that's the challenge.

I like thread flow, but I also like to see a butterfly spread their wings and fly !!!!

Nipples and Burrow Butt Forevar !!!!

72711840_10157637556402246_6908238987610030080_n.jpg

index.php

That's an "enhanced pantsed"

My favorite game threads are the ones where I don't really have to do or say much, just update the score and keep things moving. I haven't had one of those in a long time though and I think that was one of those SEC on CBS Prime Time games. If not much is going on, I'll treat it as an update thread to let everyone know what, if anything is happening.

LOL. I HATED the hoop game threads when I got there, mainly so different from our TRADITIONAL Rivals ones where attacking teams and idle comments were frowned on.

Now, I enjoy them because nobody, including the fans of the teams take offense and pithy observations are encouraged and, for the most part, everyone gets along.
Pithy? Oh crap. Here comes one of those kawlej ejumakated peepl using fancy lang...er, werds.

my first time doing one was last night.. not sure why I felt the need to do it play by play style but I'll refrain if and when I do another one.. I would prefer to just comment from time to time..
It's actually a bit hard to run a game thread while watching the game,, my damn neck started hurting.. (tinp shut up :))

my first time doing one was last night.. not sure why I felt the need to do it play by play style but I'll refrain if and when I do another one.. I would prefer to just comment from time to time..
It's actually a bit hard to run a game thread while watching the game,, my damn neck started hurting.. (tinp shut up :))
It's in our nature to want to fill "dead air" with dialogue. It's a technique used extensively by police investigators to glean information. It's the same in the game threads. When you have limited participation, you (all of us) tend to post more to keep the thread moving, which is one reason I would really like to see more participation in the game threads.