Games You Are Ready For in 2021

Basement Bias

FlyingWolver9er
That do not include your team. For me it's Wisconsin vs Notre Dame. My little brother is a Badgers fan and my dad is an Irish fan. These 2 haven't played in a long time. Was looking forward to round 1 last year but the virus said no. Usually my Wolverines are playing the Badgers or the Irish. Like to be the 3rd party for once.

Will be really interesting seeing as how there is a good chance that the starting QB for that game is a grad transfer from Wisky this year

OOC can give us some great games to look forward to. Here's a good list......

College Football’s Ten Best Non-Conference Games in 2021 (msn.com)

I'm looking at Oklahoma State playing @ Boise State on Sept 18th.

...and this one....

Air Force at Navy (Sept. 11)
To recognize the 20th anniversary of 9/11, the two military academies moved their game from October. There might be other big-name, nationally ranked programs playing on this date, but there will not be a more emotional setting than in Annapolis.

Last edited:
UGA/Clemson because I cant think further than that (Sept. 4th) right now. Hats off to both of these teams for making this happen.

Auburn @ Penn State 18SEP. It will be our first real test and we should lose the game. IF we can match up and challenge PSU then I will be very optimistic about the Harsin hire.
Penn State was a dumpster fire, in a sewage treatment plant, that got hit by a tornado last year. They were downright awful. I actually have Auburn in this one.

Penn State was a dumpster fire, in a sewage treatment plant, that got hit by a tornado last year. They were downright awful. I actually have Auburn in this one.

Meh
I hate Penn St but that’s a bad take.

Covid was a funky year for everyone and they had a lot of opt outs and cohesion issues. They also won their last four games and were starting to hit their stride at the end of the season.

They bring back talent on the lines and secondary and should be better at the skill position. It’s also Happy Valley with a large or somewhat large crowd. Auburn is going to be a rightful underdog.

We were worse than that last year and have all new systems/coaches this year. IMHO our D will be ahead of the O early this year but if we haven't gotten the O figured out by then we are in real trouble for the season. I am usually cautiously optimistic going into a season but with a new HC and systems across the board, it could be square peg/round hole this year. 5-7 is a real possibility for us.

I'm going to include a few games a week I'm looking forward to. I'm going to break the rules and include Oregon but only when I think it's a nationally relevant game.

Week 1:
Georgia vs. Clemson
Alabama vs. Miami FL
Boise State at UCF

Week 2:
Oregon at Ohio State
Texas at Arkansas
Washington at Michigan

Week 3:
UCF at Louisville
Auburn at Penn State
Alabama at Florida
Oklahoma State at Boise State

Week 4:
Notre Dame vs. Wisconsin

Week 5:
Auburn at LSU
Cincinnati at Notre Dame
Michigan at Wisconsin

Week 6:
Georgia at Auburn
Alabama at Texas A&M
Penn State at Iowa
Oklahoma vs.Texas
Utah at USC
Boise State at BYU

Week 7:
Florida at LSU
Miami FL at UNC
UCLA at Washington
Arizona State at Utah
Oklahoma State at Texas

Week 8:
Coastal Carolina at Appalachian State
USC at Notre Dame
Ohio State at Indiana
Oklahoma State at Iowa State
Oregon at UCLA

Week 9:
Ole Miss at Auburn
Georgia vs. Florida
North Carolina at Notre Dame
Iowa at Wisconsin
Penn State at Ohio State
UCLA at Utah

Week 10:
LSU at Alabama
Auburn at Texas A&M
Texas at Iowa State
Oregon at Washington
USC at Arizona State

Week 11:
Texas A&M at Ole Miss
Miami FL at Florida State
Minnesota at Iowa
Michigan at Penn State
UCF at SMU
Arizona State at Washington

Week 12:
Iowa State at Oklahoma
SMU at Cincinnati
Oregon at Utah
UCLA at USC

Week 13:
Alabama at Auburn
Texas A&M at LSU
Ohio State at Michigan
Wisconsin at Minnesota
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State

Interestingly, Utah had no one at the combine or even held a pro day. No one elected for the draft. @Duckboy33 Utah at USC will tell the tale...

I'm curious as to whether or not the limited season for the PAC bears some responsibility for that. Maybe @Duckboy33 can pull up some numbers for the PAC as far as historical drafts versus last season.

I'm curious as to whether or not the limited season for the PAC bears some responsibility for that. Maybe @Duckboy33 can pull up some numbers for the PAC as far as historical drafts versus last season.

It could be a number of things. I'm sure youth had something to do with it. Utah had a pretty veteran 2019 team and had 7 players drafted in the 2020 draft.

Here are the last 4 drafts and how many Utes were drafted:
2021 - 0 players
2020 - 7 players
2019 - 5 players
2018 - 1 player
2017 - 8 players

The 2016 Utes were a top 25 team and sent 8 players to the draft. The 2017 Utes were rebuilding and went 3-6 in the PAC 12. I think the 2019 and 2020 Utah situation could be similar.

The good news for Utah fans, after rebuilding in 2017, they won the PAC 12 South in 2018 and 2019 and sent 12 players to the NFL draft from those 2 seasons.