Greatest FCS upsets of all time

IIRC Michigan was top 5 that year and lost to App St like 35-33 or so at home.

Not sure if its the biggest point spread loss, but definitely the biggest in terms of expectation.

IIRC Michigan was top 5 that year and lost to App St like 35-33 or so at home.

Not sure if its the biggest point spread loss, but definitely the biggest in terms of expectation.
Michigan was preseason #5. AppSt went on to win their 3rd 1AA NC in a row that year.

On a side note: They lost at home to Georgia Southern that season. One of the few times my Eagles have won in Boone over the last 30 years.

:UDUB:

dc7_hi_3.gif

FCS wins over ranked opponents:

Appalachian State over #5 Michigan
JMU over #13 Virginia Tech
North Dakota State over #13 Iowa
Montana over #20 Washington
Cincinnati over #20 Penn State
Eastern Washington over #25 Oregon State

I watched the second half of the Appy State win over Michigan. The game just felt like Michigan was going to eek out a win. When UM lined up for the FG, I just knew it was going to be good. Never thought Appy could block it ...

That Montana game cost Jimmy Lake his HC job ... thank god.

That was a bad loss but I think it was the Oregon week in 2021 that got him fired. He started the week making stupid comments about how UW and Oregon aren't rivals, shoved a kid on the sideline and lost to Oregon at home. My UW buddies knew he was gone after that.

The chefs kiss on that number 1

That was the very first game on the B1G network. They previewed and pushed that game so hard.

Absolutely F'ing Beautiful

The chefs kiss on that number 1

That was the very first game on the B1G network. They previewed and pushed that game so hard.

Absolutely F'ing Beautiful
I enjoyed that as well. I recall being in a bar that didn’t yet have the BTN, watching other games with some friends. One of them got a call that UM lost, which we thought was BS. Then the replay of the FG attempt was picked up by the other networks. Pandemonium ensued.

I enjoyed that as well. I recall being in a bar that didn’t yet have the BTN, watching other games with some friends. One of them got a call that UM lost, which we thought was BS. Then the replay of the FG attempt was picked up by the other networks. Pandemonium ensued.

Love it.

Was on Lake Michigan by Grand Haven fishing with some MSU grads when the news came in on the radio. Lots of hollering going on our way back in later in the day. Dinner on land was awesome.

We had a guy that graduated from U of M at work, he would walk around with his U of M grad coffee cup singing their well song that starts with a V and always reminding everyone of their record. The Monday after the historic loss, after a couple MSU grads dropped a bunch of AA batteries on his office desk and put some in his shirt pocket as they walked by. He was like what the hell, they told him that is all it took to beat Michigan. Took him a while but eventually 'he got it'.