House of the Dragon

I plan on watching it but I want to let a couple of episodes air first. My thoughts are that had I watched GOT's pilot on its premier, I would have not watched the rest of the series. Pilots tend to suck, IMHO, so I like to binge a few episodes to make a more informed opinion. I will say that every trusted source I have is in agreement with your assessment of episode 1.

I plan on watching it but I want to let a couple of episodes air first. My thoughts are that had I watched GOT's pilot on its premier, I would have not watched the rest of the series. Pilots tend to suck, IMHO, so I like to binge a few episodes to make a more informed opinion. I will say that every trusted source I have is in agreement with your assessment of episode 1.
Yes, this was much better than most Pilots, including GOT. Like you, I was really lost watching the first episode of GOT and almost didnt keep watching. HOTD did a really good job of connecting with the GOT story line and pointing out timelines as well as the Family houses. If I remember correctly HOTD takes place 173 years before GOT.

Yes, this was much better than most Pilots, including GOT. Like you, I was really lost watching the first episode of GOT and almost didnt keep watching. HOTD did a really good job of connecting with the GOT story line and pointing out timelines as well as the Family houses. If I remember correctly HOTD takes place 173 years before GOT.
That is great news. IIRC it was season five before I watched GOT for the first time. I'm just not into fantasy involving magic and dragons. Had I not been warned that the pilot was horrible but the rest of the episodes were totally different, I would have not made it past John/Theon/Rob haircut scene. I expect a pilot to be a bit slow to start, just to establish the characters but GOT was far worse than that. With all of the Easter eggs from the GOT, I expect HOTD to be very good at least.

That is great news. IIRC it was season five before I watched GOT for the first time. I'm just not into fantasy involving magic and dragons. Had I not been warned that the pilot was horrible but the rest of the episodes were totally different, I would have not made it past John/Theon/Rob haircut scene. I expect a pilot to be a bit slow to start, just to establish the characters but GOT was far worse than that. With all of the Easter eggs from the GOT, I expect HOTD to be very good at least.
LOL, I was watching the GOT pilot yesterday to get primed and thought the exact same thing about the haircut scene:LOL::LOL::LOL: It took me several attempts to get into GOT but I am glad I stuck with it.

I enjoyed it. Like any first episode like this, there was a ton of explaining backstory and building the plot, foreshadowing etc.

This is pretty on par for GoT type shows the first episode is usually a little lack luster in action but built around setting up later episodes.

For those of you that prefer football to these kinds of shows. I offer you, that one of the main characters in the show, is the 'wirey' kicker from "The Replacements" ;)

Best Nigel Gruff GIFs | Gfycat

I enjoyed it. Like any first episode like this, there was a ton of explaining backstory and building the plot, foreshadowing etc.

This is pretty on par for GoT type shows the first episode is usually a little lack luster in action but built around setting up later episodes.

For those of you that prefer football to these kinds of shows. I offer you, that one of the main characters in the show, is the 'wirey' kicker from "The Replacements" ;)

Best Nigel Gruff GIFs | Gfycat
Wow, I totally missed that! Otto is actually the first character Im really suspicious of.

Wow, I totally missed that! Otto is actually the first character Im really suspicious of.
You should be ;)

Basically the story line is going off the plot of the Targaryn civil war. And there was foreshadowing everywhere.

2 big instances of it, was Otto's daughter wearing the 'green' dress, and the king back wound and cutting his finger after talking with his brother.

You should be ;)

Basically the story line is going off the plot of the Targaryn civil war. And there was foreshadowing everywhere.

2 big instances of it, was Otto's daughter wearing the 'green' dress, and the king back wound and cutting his finger after talking with his brother.
😯 I have not read any of the books and am not as well versed as some in all things GOT, so Im trying to piece together what little I can

😯 I have not read any of the books and am not as well versed as some in all things GOT, so Im trying to piece together what little I can
I am sure there are youtube channels that will offer spoiler / easter egg breakdowns. Things to watch out for kind of thing. But so far it is pretty cool. I mean compared to the last GoT type show episode we ever saw, literally 2 girls 1 cup would be an improvement ;)

Honestly, I'm reeeaaally digging this. Have a theory that Daemon Targaryen is the sane dragon & Viserys might flip all insane.

I really am too. Now we have been given a platform on the way this is going to go but judging by GoT I'm not expecting this to follow the book either.

With that said, I'm team Daemon Targaryen
I am trying to stay neutral but undecidedly don't like Otto at all. I will be surprised if he doesn't kick off the civil war by spreading more half-truths. Daemon doesn't appear to be a power-hungry monster just yet but power is not up for grabs yet either.

I am trying to stay neutral but undecidedly don't like Otto at all. I will be surprised if he doesn't kick off the civil war by spreading more half-truths. Daemon doesn't appear to be a power-hungry monster just yet but power is not up for grabs yet either.

I know because this is the fabled "Dance of Dragons" that this will eventually be between Daemon & Rhanerys but I'm almost certain the Hightowers kick part of this off but also the tales of Dunk & Egg also come into play. This is gonna be IMO better than GoT even if we omitted the shitty 8th season.

I know because this is the fabled "Dance of Dragons" that this will eventually be between Daemon & Rhanerys but I'm almost certain the Hightowers kick part of this off but also the tales of Dunk & Egg also come into play. This is gonna be IMO better than GoT even if we omitted the shitty 8th season.
I forgot about Dunk and Egg. I still laugh about how many pissed off moms have to call their daughters Dani.

I forgot about Dunk and Egg. I still laugh about how many pissed off moms have to call their daughters Dani.

My favorite part is how nobody saw the evil flip coming when we knew there was another Dragon who was obviously Jon Snow & it was obvious he was the other end of the coin flip as stated by Maester Aemon Targaryen at the Wall.