HOW BOUT DEM DAWGS!!! From the perspective of a lifelong Dawg Fan.

I was 14 when I watched UGA beat Notre Dame to win it in 1980. Back then, we listened to Larry Munson on the radio. He was the voice of UGA football. It was back before ESPN. We were lucky if we got to see 1 or 2 games on TV all season. Munson was a homer. He ALWAYS said, "we" when he was calling a game. Because it was ALWAYS "we". "We" got lucky so many times that year. Starting the season on the road against Tennessee, Freshman phenom Herschel Walker came in in the 2nd half and made history when he ran over All Pro senior Tennessee safety Bill Bates, "My God, a freshman", said Munson. "Lindsey Scott, Lindsey Scott, Lindsey Scott!!!!!!!", said Munson during the miracle 96 yard play that won the game in Jacksonville against Florida that day in the final minutes. Then Herschel fought through a dislocated shoulder to run for 150 yards and 2 TDs to beat Notre Dame 17-10. It was a miracle season.

Then the miracles died. The luck landed on the other sideline. For 41 years, it was always, so close, but yet, so far. Somehow, some way, no matter how hard UGA tried, the dagger fell into my heart time and time and time again. I bled Red n Black no matter what. My Daddy taught me that it was my job. I can't say how many times it hurt. They are too countless to mention.

Congrats to Bama. Having such a season with so many underclassmen, only speaks to the future.

For me, I've given my heart and soul to my Dawgs....for a very long time. Last night, I was a meek and humble tigger. Looking for the dagger all night. I spent the night on the edge of my seat knowing that somehow, luck would once again favor our opponent. I finally started breathing after Kelee Ringo's pick six.

I will cherish this one in a way that I can't find words to describe.

"Champs till we ain't".

ODD
congrats to ODD and to all Dawgs on here. Yall deserved it.

I was 14 when I watched UGA beat Notre Dame to win it in 1980. Back then, we listened to Larry Munson on the radio. He was the voice of UGA football. It was back before ESPN. We were lucky if we got to see 1 or 2 games on TV all season. Munson was a homer. He ALWAYS said, "we" when he was calling a game. Because it was ALWAYS "we". "We" got lucky so many times that year. Starting the season on the road against Tennessee, Freshman phenom Herschel Walker came in in the 2nd half and made history when he ran over All Pro senior Tennessee safety Bill Bates, "My God, a freshman", said Munson. "Lindsey Scott, Lindsey Scott, Lindsey Scott!!!!!!!", said Munson during the miracle 96 yard play that won the game in Jacksonville against Florida that day in the final minutes. Then Herschel fought through a dislocated shoulder to run for 150 yards and 2 TDs to beat Notre Dame 17-10. It was a miracle season.

Then the miracles died. The luck landed on the other sideline. For 41 years, it was always, so close, but yet, so far. Somehow, some way, no matter how hard UGA tried, the dagger fell into my heart time and time and time again. I bled Red n Black no matter what. My Daddy taught me that it was my job. I can't say how many times it hurt. They are too countless to mention.

Congrats to Bama. Having such a season with so many underclassmen, only speaks to the future.

For me, I've given my heart and soul to my Dawgs....for a very long time. Last night, I was a meek and humble tigger. Looking for the dagger all night. I spent the night on the edge of my seat knowing that somehow, luck would once again favor our opponent. I finally started breathing after Kelee Ringo's pick six.

I will cherish this one in a way that I can't find words to describe.

"Champs till we ain't".

ODD
Now I read it.

Good for you.....