How to beat social media censorship

RazzlDazzl

Y'all kick this to the political forum if it's too political, but I thought it would gain more traction here.

My brother shared a pro 2nd amendment post on the book with a face and was almost immediately banned.

He didn't go through the appeals process but messaged them he was a transgender republican and asked why he had been banned.

He was reinstated within 5 minutes and no, he's not trans and a registered independent.

Do you know what article 230 (c) (2) is?
Broadly. Basically says social media platforms can't be sued for a something a user says on their platform, and since they are publishers and not content creators they are allowed to moderate content as they see fit. Is that roughly correct?

Broadly. Basically says social media platforms can't be sued for a something a user says on their platform, and since they are publishers and not content creators they are allowed to moderate content as they see fit. Is that roughly correct?
Not quite. To make it simple, as a platform they have certain protections for what's posted.

Once they start censoring people for content they just don't like other than things like calling for violence they become a publisher and no longer have those protections.

For instance, saying that anything about the Hunter/Joe Biden scandal will be removed because it is unsubstantiated even though the FBI had the laptop for 9 months and verified all the allegations.

That makes you a publisher not s platform.

Anyway man, I don’t use any of the social media platforms, I just thought it was hilarious that by sharing something about a new pro 2nd amendment female senator my bro was banned and got out of it by saying he was a tranny.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
so, okay to shitpost,
as long as you declare trans...

You wish, perv.
tenor.gif

Last edited: