I keep getting less interested in College Football

Irishblooded

Every year. Still love it. But it is becoming less and less interesting. I'm not sure if this is more because of the state of the sport or my wanting to try to keep up with it.

In years past by now I would know the incoming class their numbers etc. This don't know a single name or number yet

Every year. Still love it. But it is becoming less and less interesting. I'm not sure if this is more because of the state of the sport or my wanting to try to keep up with it.

In years past by now I would know the incoming class their numbers etc. This don't know a single name or number yet
I know what you mean. I don’t have the same passion for it I used to.
I know others that feel the same way, and they attribute it to “Bama Fatigue “. Maybe I’ve become a little jaded by success. Who knows, but it doesn’t create as much excitement for me as it used to.

I thought I was the only one on this. College football is it for me. I started losing interest in all other sports for a while now. In my youth I could have told you every player on the Dodgers, Lakers, or Rams (before they moved to St. Louis), but now I couldn't even tell you who the coaches are, and I don't care. Politics in the game is what broke the camels back.

Back to college football. USC football was brain washed into me by my grandma. I will always follow, but I definitely have lost a lot of the interest in following each of the players. I actually just skim the surface of the home boards, unlike the past.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat as y'all. I still watch games all day and night but that is about it for me. TBH, I knew more about the players/teams across the country in the days of newspapers being the only media than today.

I'm more interested now with all the changes. I'm really interested to see where the pay to play thing goes and if it stands static through all teams or is this dynamic power grab where the blue blood programs with their boosters can pay more and ensure their titles

funny+players6.jpg

I lost interest years ago. Once Mizzou stopped playing the rivals I had grown up watching them play, it was like a balloon deflating.

Maybe with expansion, you can get some of those games back. At least occasionally. I grew up watching UGA and Clemson. Damn happy with playing them this year and looking forward to the ones already scheduled in years to come. The PAC is already discussing moving back to an 8 game conference schedule to open up the possibility of more high profile OOC games. I wouldn't be surprised to see that out of the B1G and the Big 12 before it's over.

Maybe with expansion, you can get some of those games back. At least occasionally. I grew up watching UGA and Clemson. Damn happy with playing them this year and looking forward to the ones already scheduled in years to come. The PAC is already discussing moving back to an 8 game conference schedule to open up the possibility of more high profile OOC games. I wouldn't be surprised to see that out of the B1G and the Big 12 before it's over.
👆This! Damn you smart! A 12 team playoff is needed!

I think you hit on it. The portal is like free agency in baseball back in the 70s to me, and the salary cap in the NFL 20 years later.
The portal is a 2 edged sword. There are lots of players that chose the portal that are now in limbo because they can't find a new home and they can't go back. I think it will quickly become, "Enter at your own risk".

I feel like the the 1990s and early 2000s was the last golden age of CFB. Everyone was fighting for the crown and there were a shitload of exciting games as well. Every conference had contenders! I’ve lost interest in all other sports so CFB is all I have now and I know I speak for a lot of you. There’s just too much woke titty baby PC bullshit in our culture now for quality CFB and sportsmanship! Men get to beat up on women athletes who have worked their whole lives to excel at their craft only to lose to some dude wearing a wig. It’s fucked! Hopefully the pendulum will swing the other way but we straight got spoilt and that’ll be hard to recover from. Sorry I’m a little drunk. Carry on!

Last edited:

Notre Dame continues to roll on the recruiting trail

BySteve Wiltfong 21 hours ago

Marcus Freeman's recruiting prowess could catapult him as Brian Kelly's successor

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly and his staff aren’t settling for College Football Playoff appearances in South Bend. They want more.

And it’s showing on the recruiting trail.

Coming off a second playoff appearance in the last three years, the Irish currently hold the 247Sports Composite’s No. 2 recruiting class in 2022 and they’re off and running in 2023, the latest pledge coming from five-star defensive end Brenan Vernon. The Mentor (Ohio) High blue-chipper chose to play in South Bend over an offer list that included Ohio State, Alabama and several others. ND is sitting at No. 3 very early in that cycle.

“When I went down there the sixth of June, oh man it clicked and I knew right away,” Vernon said. He is the No. 6 defensive lineman and No. 18 prospect overall in the 2023 class.

“Everything there is authentic. It’s such a low-key community and they’re all family. You go into a classroom with 20 people and you’re going to know everyone’s name in that classroom. That’s the best atmosphere for myself. I can stay in my bubble and my own mental path and go about business.”

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Vernon is part of a recruiting run that could help the Irish seize those two wins they’re seeking to end the season. He is a high-motored, fluid, defensive lineman that plays some of the best competition in the Buckeye State. He joins a class that includes another talented defensive lineman in Keon Keeley.

“I’m just going to go in busting my ass and working as hard as I possibly can simple as that,” Vernon said.

That’s what Brian Kelly and his staff are doing on the trail, trending for several more top targets in 2022 and they’re hitting the 2023 class hard sitting in a good position for guys like five-star athlete Sonny Styles, five-star linebacker Drayk Bowen and coveted Top247 defensive lineman Luke Montgomery.

“I started feeling Notre Dame probably at the beginning of the year when they picked up Coach (Marcus) Freeman and Chad (Bowden) and stuff like that,” Vernon said, adding he had a long-standing relationship with defensive line coach Mike Elston.

“Coach Elston me and him went over a presentation and I like the way I fit into their defense. Of course they’ve been balling and doing their thing.”

Vernon called Elston last weekend and told him he was coming.

“Coach Elston was like holy (expletive),” Vernon laughed. “It was crazy man, Coach Elston and all them were ecstatic and weren’t expecting it at all.”
32COMMENTS
Kelly is the type of head coach Vernon was looking to play for.

“He’s done a lot,” Vernon said. “He’s an authentic, caring guy, he cares about his players. He’s evolved with recruiting but he cares about his players, the present guys more than anything and he’s a guy I can see being comfortable talking to him about anything with what I have going on. They’re authentic down there and it starts with Coach Kelly and branches down.”

Not sure less interested, but doesn’t feel like I have the same passion I had pre Covid. That's for most sports, let alone CFB. I'm hoping this fall that it changes. Guess it's because the schedule hasn't fully got back to normal. Hoping that is the case.

I do know other aspects of life have increased in priority as well and that I'm getting older as other reasons. 30 going on 31 in December with 3 stepkids and 2 little ones of my own. I no longer can watch from 11am/noon to 2/3am anymore as I fall asleep by the 3rd Qtr of the late game. Fall asleep earlier if staying up late Friday watching HS & college games and getting up early for youth football games for league I help or if watching my stepson in his league.

Not sure less interested, but doesn’t feel like I have the same passion I had pre Covid. That's for most sports, let alone CFB. I'm hoping this fall that it changes. Guess it's because the schedule hasn't fully got back to normal. Hoping that is the case.

I do know other aspects of life have increased in priority as well and that I'm getting older as other reasons. 30 going on 31 in December with 3 stepkids and 2 little ones of my own. I no longer can watch from 11am/noon to 2/3am anymore as I fall asleep by the 3rd Qtr of the late game. Fall asleep earlier if staying up late Friday watching HS & college games and getting up early for youth football games for league I help or if watching my stepson in his league.

Understandable. When my kids were small, I got away for a while. When they got older, I got back in fully. Nothing in my way now but that pesky thing called a job.

Understandable. When my kids were small, I got away for a while. When they got older, I got back in fully. Nothing in my way now but that pesky thing called a job.

Hoping last year was the last major event on the in-laws side. They are those Buckeye fans that couldn't name more than 3 players that they hear about on the news or radio. SIL got married in the fall last year (luckily it was Covid year). Plus there seems to be a rift among the MIL extended side that usually plans all these events and my FIL doesn't have any family that lives close. May finally get to where we aren't missing a game or 2 during the season. My family (immediately and extended) plans around football and sports. If we can't avoid it, then we make sure the game is on in some fashion. I'm getting the step kids and kids attached to football and sports so we can bond as a family.

What's up my old friend! Had to create a new account on wife's email to say hello.

Thank you for being you and being findable. If that is even a word.