if you wanted to disappear, where would you go?

To be honest, this is a pretty good answer. That shit hole has so many people you just get lost in the masses.
@NoleKing , Agreed, a huge population could help you blend in, but lets assume someone somewhere is looking for you, be it govt agencies or some individual(s) with means, @Nod4Eight 's suggestion of "the Frank or the Bob" which I have to admit I have no idea what your referring to, I assume some mountainous area, would be no digital footprint to worry about, you just would need survival skills, but in NYC, you would have to work for cash or steal, have throw away cell phones, no permanent address or power bills etc. Thank God we're still free to use cash. avoid street cams, wear a hat and never look up, and have a slightly different set of survival skills.

To be honest, this is a pretty good answer. That shit hole has so many people you just get lost in the masses.

A friend of a friend has a brother (I know how it sounds, LOL) has (could be had haven’t heard about him in years) but he had to go totally off the grid and Fled to NY.

No better place to hide than an island of 11 million people. Find a neighborhood with cash only landlords that deal with illegals and there ya go.

@NoleKing , Agreed, a huge population could help you blend in, but lets assume someone somewhere is looking for you, be it govt agencies or some individual(s) with means, @Nod4Eight 's suggestion of "the Frank or the Bob" which I have to admit I have no idea what your referring to, I assume some mountainous area, would be no digital footprint to worry about, you just would need survival skills, but in NYC, you would have to work for cash or steal, have throw away cell phones, no permanent address or power bills etc. Thank God we're still free to use cash. avoid street cams, wear a hat and never look up, and have a slightly different set of survival skills.

Easy to do in a place like NYC.

A friend of a friend has a brother (I know how it sounds, LOL) has (could be had haven’t heard about him in years) but he had to go totally off the grid and Fled to NY.

No better place to hide than an island of 11 million people. Find a neighborhood with cash only landlords that deal with illegals and there ya go.
But then you have to live in NYC, and for some of us that's not really living. I was there last month - I'd rather die than have to live there.

Frank Church Wilderness Area - 2.3 million acres. Together with the adjacent Gospel Hump Wilderness and surrounding unprotected roadless Forest Service land, it is the core of a 3.3 million acre roadless area. That's the size of Connecticut without a town, a house or a road through it.

Bob Marshall Wilderness Area

Meh

And I’d rather live in NYC than in the middle of nowhere.
Seems like a need for instant gratification, but what do I know? I'm OK with a 30 minute drive to buy something I need that doesn't involve 25 minutes in dead stopped traffic. But I understand why you would like to have everything you want right outside your door.

Seems like a need for instant gratification, but what do I know? I'm OK with a 30 minute drive to buy something I need that doesn't involve 25 minutes in dead stopped traffic. But I understand why you would like to have everything you want right outside your door.

Meh

Some of that for sure, but also the need for new things to try and experiences as well. I like being a home body at times as I get older, but also like the idea of having options in my free time whenever I feel the need.

My current situation in a nutshell. There's plenty of dead stopped traffic within an hour drive of me but I know how to avoid most of it and go places. The problem with somewhere like NYC is being confined in an emergency. If some terrorist decides to set off a nuclear bomb, you're screwed either directly or indirectly. No worries of that ilk in rural areas.