Nick Saban's retirement.....I mean, he ain't wrong...

An old school coach with an old school mentality wouldn't want to put up with that.

A few years ago he would've cussed em out and told em to go play somewhere else.

Can't do that today because, well, you know, sensitive feelings and all.

I am going to be honest and blunt about it. You are Alafukkinbama. Big NIL money is what other schools should need to take players from you. IF Saban, any coach in general but especially the GOAT, made the choices to sign players that are only there for the money then he set the culture and cannot complain. Don't get me wrong, players should get what they can and Bama should have a collective but the four teams that need to spend the money least of all are Bama, UGA, OSU, and Notre Dame. Let me be really blunt, if you surround yourself with people that step over dollars to pick up dimes, you are in the middle of stupid. Bama would be better off letting those after the paycheck go to other schools and then pluck them out of the portal at a discount rate.

Hire a college football CEO to institute unilateral changes standardizing recruiting and portals, scheduling, NIL and playoff schemes across Division 1 and fire the NCAA and ditch revenue responsibilities for non-revenue and club sports.

Any chance this happens?

Hire a college football CEO to institute unilateral changes standardizing recruiting and portals, scheduling, NIL and playoff schemes across Division 1 and fire the NCAA and ditch revenue responsibilities for non-revenue and club sports.

Any chance this happens?
Yes. It will be piecemeal and take decades though.

Any chance this happens?
The first part of your post is fine. The part about ditching the revenue for the other sports is deal breaker for me. That would effectively end pretty much every other sport but football and men's basketball. Nothing else makes money. So for the most part only those guys that are above six foot and can jump really high or run really fast would have a chance to play a sport In college at a d1 institution.

#1. The horse has left the barn on NIL. Whether one thinks it good or bad, the die is cast.

#2. This seems like one of those made-up Internet quotes. When and where and to who did he say this?

dumb-and-dumber-no-way.gif

The first part of your post is fine. The part about ditching the revenue for the other sports is deal breaker for me. That would effectively end pretty much every other sport but football and men's basketball. Nothing else makes money. So for the most part only those guys that are above six foot and can jump really high or run really fast would have a chance to play a sport In college at a d1 institution.
I hear ya man as I know you’re a huge wrestling fan; was just a thought on college football as its own entity, somehow someway.

I am going to be honest and blunt about it. You are Alafukkinbama. Big NIL money is what other schools should need to take players from you. IF Saban, any coach in general but especially the GOAT, made the choices to sign players that are only there for the money then he set the culture and cannot complain. Don't get me wrong, players should get what they can and Bama should have a collective but the four teams that need to spend the money least of all are Bama, UGA, OSU, and Notre Dame. Let me be really blunt, if you surround yourself with people that step over dollars to pick up dimes, you are in the middle of stupid. Bama would be better off letting those after the paycheck go to other schools and then pluck them out of the portal at a discount rate.
Perfect assessment. I fully agree. This is why Kirby continues to recruit who he wants and wishes players luck when they enter the portal looking for NIL money. He refuses to play their game.

1709866333207.png