No More Silent Service As Marine CH-53s Resupply Ballistic Submarine In Pacific

Unrep used to be my 2nd favorite thing to do on the ship..

I always liked watching them shoot the line across to the other ship with the gun. Also, breakaways were cool when each ship would play their breakaway song. My last couple deployments though, they did every breakaway as an emergency breakaway, so that was a little less interesting....

I always liked watching them shoot the line across to the other ship with the gun. Also, breakaways were cool when each ship would play their breakaway song. My last couple deployments though, they did every breakaway as an emergency breakaway, so that was a little less interesting....
Lol we played the theme from the lone ranger and Capt Mitchell would stand just off the bridge and wear a mask!

@batchaps4me thought you'd be interested in seeing this if you haven't already.....

Damn, I am not sure what to say. The biggest advantage The Ohios has is stealth and the navy is giving that up. IF you are going to give up the locations of the subs, you might as well just send a surface ship. From the article:
I would no longer characterize ourselves as a silent service," Navy Rear Adm. Jeffrey Jablon, who is currently commander of Submarine Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet (SUBPAC), told author and defense expert Robbin Laird earlier this year according to a piece Breaking Defense published last week. "Deterrence is a major mission for the submarine force You can’t have a credible deterrent without communicating your capabilities; if the adversary doesn’t know anything about that specific deterrent, it’s not a deterrent."

Adm Jablon should have his dolphins euthanized and returned to the status of a NUB(aNother Useless Body). You never want the enemy to know your full capabilities, lest you hand him a blueprint on how to defeat you. If you want to let them know how dangerous you are, use the Reagan method ... we put a LA Class sub on the ass of every capitol ship the Soviets had at sea and simultaneously active pinged them all from their aft and then disappeared. We have always had the capability of at sea replenishments but that was a last resort because it gives away the sub's position and therefore its greatest advantage.

The most harrowing patrol I went on was off the coast of the USSR and we had an area about the size of Ohio to patrol. I will go to my grave thinking Walker betrayed us because all at once a virtual fleet of ships and subs hit our area and held station at our waypoints. I don't think they ever found us, but they knew where to look. We were tracking at least a dozen ships/subs every time we went to a waypoint. Thank God their sonar was typical Soviet tech ...