Random thoughts

MarineUKFan

Kentucky Hill Ape
OK, so this is prolly a GYERO thread, but I opted not to name it that. It's just a place to drop your random thoughts that don't really necessitate a whole thread....

I'll go first as I probably should since I started the thread:

I'm disappointed my neighbor (well, I think my neighbor's landlord) decided to chop down the honeysuckle vine that was growing on our shared fence so he could get some fence slats replaced. I liked that thing.

Also, I was sitting out in the pool (nah, nothing like @Big 8 Rules pool......just a soft-sided mobile kinda pool) tonight and for the first time ever, I saw a Starlink constellation cruise over me in the sky. It was a little freaky. Especially since it rolled right through the big dipper.

Tonight at work was very busy. I was doing an assessment on a client. Each of the little waiting rooms have their own bed and a door. The patient (big, young and dumb) next to my client started mouthing off, cursing at the mental health associate girl (young 20s) about wanting to get a shower before he was being admitted to one of our units, cursing at her because he had been waiting for so long. His door was closed (we dont lock them) and he started beating on the damn door to his waiting room.

It was a busy, stressful night. I was trying to focus on my assessment with my patient and I was getting very irritated. The asshole began acting like he was in jail or something saying shit like "Are you saying I dont deserve a shower?? to this little girl that is just basically babysitting people while they wait to be examined by me and/or the psychiatrist. I cant fucking hear over his ass, so I have to move closer to my patient. Im a professional, very focused with a ton of patience, but tension was building.

All of the sudden he breaks down the door with a loud crash! right next to me. Without even thinking I scream "God Damnnit!!!" And I do mean it was an angry ass yell with no filter that probably jarred the floor. I had no control out of what came out of my mouth and I rarely use GD as a curse word because it is sacrilegious to me. Then I yelled call somebody, NOW! Which means bring in the mental health swat team. Then he starts acting like an 8 year old that got in trouble and shut the fuck up. I finished my assessment in peace. lol People just laughed about it, because it is not like me. The old country boy came out

Last edited:

GYERO

Get Your Everlovin' Random On - an ever growing movement on internet message boards in which posters string the most random thoughts together in one thread. It's a lot like Seinfeld meets Jim Rome meets message board. Originally started on Catspause.com by a group known as the WodieCrew, the movement has recently gone global to other internet sites.

GYERO

Get Your Everlovin' Random On - an ever growing movement on internet message boards in which posters string the most random thoughts together in one thread. It's a lot like Seinfeld meets Jim Rome meets message board. Originally started on Catspause.com by a group known as the WodieCrew, the movement has recently gone global to other internet sites.

I didn't realize that GYERO started on Catspause, but it makes sense I guess because that is a pretty busy board.

I‘m annoyed when I’m asked to tip at places that don’t provide a service. There’s a bakery near my house that has amazing stuff, but I go there less than I used to because the default on their payment screen is a choice of tipping options, and you have to click twice to proceed without a tip. If you pay cash and don’t tip, many of the cashiers will give you a smug look like you’ve done something wrong. Annoying as hell. Oddly, a pizza place around the corner that has the same owner has removed the tipping screen from their POS system, and added a tip jar to the counter. Much more pleasant of an experience.

I‘m annoyed when I’m asked to tip at places that don’t provide a service. There’s a bakery near my house that has amazing stuff, but I go there less than I used to because the default on their payment screen is a choice of tipping options, and you have to click twice to proceed without a tip. If you pay cash and don’t tip, many of the cashiers will give you a smug look like you’ve done something wrong. Annoying as hell. Oddly, a pizza place around the corner that has the same owner has removed the tipping screen from their POS system, and added a tip jar to the counter. Much more pleasant of an experience.
Agreed! And the big grocery chains that ask you to round up your purchase for charity or whatever…certainly don’t mind doing it but you get the credit for my money! Assholes

Have a good friend who runs the IT department for a big law firm, even with a bunch of lawyers he says most issues are PICNIC…problem in chair not in computer.
That doesn’t surprise me at all. A long time ago I worked as a programmer at a small software company. Once in a while, I’d have to help out the Support department. The department head told me not to bother asking any questions until I confirmed the PC was powered on, the monitor was securely plugged into the PC. I thought that was extreme, but it ended up being great advice.

OK, so this is prolly a GYERO thread, but I opted not to name it that. It's just a place to drop your random thoughts that don't really necessitate a whole thread....

I'll go first as I probably should since I started the thread:

I'm disappointed my neighbor (well, I think my neighbor's landlord) decided to chop down the honeysuckle vine that was growing on our shared fence so he could get some fence slats replaced. I liked that thing.

Also, I was sitting out in the pool (nah, nothing like @Big 8 Rules pool......just a soft-sided mobile kinda pool) tonight and for the first time ever, I saw a Starlink constellation cruise over me in the sky. It was a little freaky. Especially since it rolled right through the big dipper.
Tonight at work was very busy. I was doing an assessment on a client. Each of the little waiting rooms have their own bed and a door. The patient (big, young and dumb) next to my client started mouthing off, cursing at the mental health associate girl (young 20s) about wanting to get a shower before he was being admitted to one of our units, cursing at her because he had been waiting for so long. His door was closed (we dont lock them) and he started beating on the damn door to his waiting room.

It was a busy, stressful night. I was trying to focus on my assessment with my patient and I was getting very irritated. The asshole began acting like he was in jail or something saying shit like "Are you saying I dont deserve a shower?? to this little girl that is just basically babysitting people while they wait to be examined by me and/or the psychiatrist. I cant fucking hear over his ass, so I have to move closer to my patient. Im a professional, very focused with a ton of patience, but tension was building.

All of the sudden he breaks down the door with a loud crash! right next to me. Without even thinking I scream "God Damnnit!!!" And I do mean it was an angry ass yell with no filter that probably jarred the floor. I had no control out of what came out of my mouth and I rarely use GD as a curse word because it is sacrilegious to me. Then I yelled call somebody, NOW! Which means bring in the mental health swat team. Then he starts acting like an 8 year old that got in trouble and shut the fuck up. I finished my assessment in peace. lol People just laughed about it, because it is not like me. The old country boy came out
For the record, we don’t have a pool. We have a little three person hot tub that has never had more than two people in it and that I struggle to not have to drain and refill every 4-6 weeks because according to the place that sold it to us me and/or my wife have either unusually dirty, soapy and/or oily skin and it certainly has nothing to do with the equipment. 😁

Have a good friend who runs the IT department for a big law firm, even with a bunch of lawyers he says most issues are PICNIC…problem in chair not in computer.
AnnualGloomyCaudata-size_restricted.gif

if i was not subject to drug testing i would be blown up right now
Never be afraid of being fired. Until you are fired for the first time, you don't know what behavior is actually acceptable. About 20 years ago I had a boss ask me why I didn't quit. "My Mom didn't raise a quitter but she did put seven live assholes on this planet so it's your move, Sparky." I worked there for three more years before a better job came along.

For the record, we don’t have a pool. We have a little three person hot tub that has never had more than two people in it and that I struggle to not have to drain and refill every 4-6 weeks because according to the place that sold it to us me and/or my wife have either unusually dirty, soapy and/or oily skin and it certainly has nothing to do with the equipment. 😁

Well, for one thing, we really don't need to hear about your "equipment", but scrub that azz before you get in the hot tub I'd say.