Reflecting on your program(s) decade

As we wind down the teens and head to the 2020’s #hughdowns how did this decade go for your team? Was it eventful? Consistent? Up and down?

For FSU, it’s almost funny how there’s a lot of mirroring going on.

We ended the previous decade saying goodbye to a legend but with a renewed hope with a fresh start and a young gun taking us into the new decade. Fast forward ten years and while we’re not saying goodbye to a legend, we’re again hoping that a new hot young stud can take a 6-6 team to a new era starting his first year in a new decade.

It was certainly an up and down run. The first half saw heights that FSU hadn’t seen since the 90’s. A National Championship, a dominant stretch in the conference, a 30 game win streak, multiple first round NFL Picks, things seemed to be ascending in the first half.

But the second half was, to quote the great Jake Roberts “short trip, bad landing” and FSU fell to a level that many of us had never seen or even dreamt possible. Losing season, no bowl game, embarrassed by rivals, and another ACC team taking our spot as the top dog across the country.

For Temple. It was most definite the best decade ever. The Owls while suffering through multiple coaching changes made multiple bowl games for the first time ever. Won 10 games twice, won a conference title, beat Penn St, multiple first round NFL draft picks, hosted Game Day and has built a national reputation for toughness and respect that for years was one of laughter and dismissal.

So, how bout you? How did it go? What’s your take on the next decade? Feeing good? Feeling bad? Uneasy? Confident? It’s 2020...A whole fresh start.
I would like to contribute but I feel bad that my program wrecked your program so I will refrain... 😎

Same shit, different day. GO DAMN DAWGS!!!

Makes me think of this... (80's kids will get it)
giphy.gif

(his laugh always sounded like barking :ROFLMAO:)

Auburn had a great decade across all sports. I want to say we are the only program to make the National Championship game, Final Four and CWS in the 2010's. Auburn won a natty of course. The Final Four run was amazing and I got to see Auburn play in Omaha. The Kick Six happened which is a memory I will never forget.
Nice first post,, while the Kick 6 is a horrible memory for me, your post is spot on.. During Bama's best decade, Auburn wasnt too shabby (lol).. Post more,, but if you get too cocky I'll sic @ThereIsNoPlace on you,, and you dont want that :)

I would like to contribute but I feel bad that my program wrecked your program so I will refrain... 😎

Not really

The rot in the program started in 2014 when we had an NFL roster and needed miracle comeback after miracle comeback before Oregon cracked the soft floor.

The cracks started to widen in 2015 when we lost to a bad GT team and G5 Houston and couldn’t find a QB

The cracks were widened again in 2016 when we got blown out by Louisville and lost to UNC only to have cheap spackle fill them in.

You guys just blew out the cheap spackle and soon the cracks were so wide we need a serious dig and renovation to fix.

Awful. Worst decade since the 70s. A combination of Chump and Jeremy Foley’s staggering arrogance and incompetence dragged the program down to depths we no longer thought possible. The last two seasons have been good though and with a new AD in place and long overdue facilities finally being built, we are well on the road to recovery.

It went so well, I'm not even mad at the Iron bowl mishaps... Hate Bama was on the wrong side of those of courese, bhut those may have been the 2 most entertaining games I watched all decade.