Reflecting on your program(s) decade

NoleKing

As we wind down the teens and head to the 2020’s #hughdowns how did this decade go for your team? Was it eventful? Consistent? Up and down?

For FSU, it’s almost funny how there’s a lot of mirroring going on.

We ended the previous decade saying goodbye to a legend but with a renewed hope with a fresh start and a young gun taking us into the new decade. Fast forward ten years and while we’re not saying goodbye to a legend, we’re again hoping that a new hot young stud can take a 6-6 team to a new era starting his first year in a new decade.

It was certainly an up and down run. The first half saw heights that FSU hadn’t seen since the 90’s. A National Championship, a dominant stretch in the conference, a 30 game win streak, multiple first round NFL Picks, things seemed to be ascending in the first half.

But the second half was, to quote the great Jake Roberts “short trip, bad landing” and FSU fell to a level that many of us had never seen or even dreamt possible. Losing season, no bowl game, embarrassed by rivals, and another ACC team taking our spot as the top dog across the country.

For Temple. It was most definite the best decade ever. The Owls while suffering through multiple coaching changes made multiple bowl games for the first time ever. Won 10 games twice, won a conference title, beat Penn St, multiple first round NFL draft picks, hosted Game Day and has built a national reputation for toughness and respect that for years was one of laughter and dismissal.

So, how bout you? How did it go? What’s your take on the next decade? Feeing good? Feeling bad? Uneasy? Confident? It’s 2020...A whole fresh start.

A fuggin rollercoaster for WVU.
We saw the 'ousting' (self-inflicted) of Bill Stewart and the ushering in of Dana Holgorsen.
We had a couple of 10 win seasons and a couple of bowl wins. Then, we had some .500
seasons and a 4-8 season. We also saw Holgorsen step down and hired a new coach. I
think this was the best move WVU has mad since Don Nehlen. I'm very optimistic about
the future of not only football, but the entire athletic program.
#TrustTheClimb

The decade was great, especially coming on the heels of Bobby Williams and John L. Smith being the head coach. 3 B1G titles a 10 year period is just something that MSU hasn’t done. Winning a Rose Bowl and a Cotton Bowl were huge too because other than OSU, our conference tends to lose to the conference champs from around the country in bowl games.

But we are very mediocre now, the stubbornness and loyalty by Dantonio has resulted in a very poor offensive staff. I am skeptical of any real change happening and we’ll be back to playing the spoiler because we won’t be winning big.

With our proximity to UM, ND and OSU, the MSU job is a difficult one and it takes the right kind of coach to do well. Hopefully the next guy has the same defiance Dantonio had, but is more willing to make changes as needed.

Coulda just posted BAMA and left it at that. Says it all.

But for the next decade the only real problem I see is what happens to BAMA after Saban leaves.
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

We had another roller coaster decade but our highs were higher and the lows lower than ever before. We won a BCSNCG and lost another by a last second FG. But we also went 0fer in SEC play for the first time in our history. On the bright side we 4-6 in the Iron Bowl with a 3-4 mark against Bama with Saban. On the down side, we are UGA's bitch going 2-8 in the DSOR. We had two of the most exciting game finishes in history and THE best game ending play in the history of college football.

Stoops made UK football fun. Seeing teams be able to compete and even surprise teams that have routinely broken it off in you used to be a dream. UK won't go to a CFB playoff, they won't go undefeated but of you give the fans a competitive team to watch sprinkled in with some 10nwin seasons then you'll screw around and get a statue.

Auburn had a great decade across all sports. I want to say we are the only program to make the National Championship game, Final Four and CWS in the 2010's. Auburn won a natty of course. The Final Four run was amazing and I got to see Auburn play in Omaha. The Kick Six happened which is a memory I will never forget.