Saban Retiring

Alabama was ranked preseason at 4 -

with the coaching change,
would that affect the rankings,
if they were to have another vote?

i'd suspect UW would fall from 10,
pending the new hire -

Schumann will be a great head coach some day. That said, DeBoer is the real deal! Best offensive coach in football right now IMO. The only question is about his ability to recruit at the highest level.
Schumann is a RELENTLESS, ELITE recruiter. His pedigree, work ethic, and determination, are second to none. He's been a disciple of Saban and Smart since his Freshman year at Alabama. Both told stories of him being in the room for defensive game planning with them every week of the season as a student assistant. Kirby said this past season that Schumann "has millions of defensive adjustments that he makes on the fly, play after play after play".

Schumann is a RELENTLESS, ELITE recruiter. His pedigree, work ethic, and determination, are second to none. He's been a disciple of Saban and Smart since his Freshman year at Alabama. Both told stories of him being in the room for defensive game planning with them every week of the season as a student assistant. Kirby said this past season that Schumann "has millions of defensive adjustments that he makes on the fly, play after play after play".

Hey, I'm a big Schumann fan! I thought he would have been a great candidate for the Alabama job and I think he'll be a top tier HC soon.

Alabama was ranked preseason at 4 -

with the coaching change,
would that affect the rankings,
if they were to have another vote?

i'd suspect UW would fall from 10,
pending the new hire -
Right now I would put Bama in the 10-15 range and drop UW out of my pre-season top 25 until that new hire. Hell, if UW hits a homer hire, they will be lucky to sniff the 12 team playoff next year simply because of how many starters and backups they had this year that have exhausted their eligibility. Think 2022 TCU versus 2023 TCU.

Right now I would put Bama in the 10-15 range and drop UW out of my pre-season top 25 until that new hire. Hell, if UW hits a homer hire, they will be lucky to sniff the 12 team playoff next year simply because of how many starters and backups they had this year that have exhausted their eligibility. Think 2022 TCU versus 2023 TCU.
yep -
i'd drop em below 11 Texas,
and maybe even 12 & 13 Tenn & ND,
but still above the B12 schools -
Screenshot_20240112_192149_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240112_192159_Chrome.jpg