SEC chooses an 8 conference game, single division schedule for 2024

It gives them more OOc games which gives them more opportunities for high profile OOC games. I know many of the schools already have an in state ACC rival. If they are playing that plus another P5 opponent, that’s fine in my book.

I’m impartial to many teams. I live in the NYC area now so I go to many UConn, Rutgers and Penn State games. I used to live/work on the west coast. When I lived there, I went to many Oregon, OSU and Washington games. Have a lot of friends who support those schools.
LMFAO! They play a 8 game conference schedule now and year in and year out the SEC plays the least amount of P5 teams on average so that '8 game conference schedule gives the SEC a chance to play more quality teams' doesn't wash.

It gives them more OOc games which gives them more opportunities for high profile OOC games. I know many of the schools already have an in state ACC rival. If they are playing that plus another P5 opponent, that’s fine in my book.

I’m impartial to many teams. I live in the NYC area now so I go to many UConn, Rutgers and Penn State games. I used to live/work on the west coast. When I lived there, I went to many Oregon, OSU and Washington games. Have a lot of friends who support those schools.
UGA begins 2024 with a Mercedes Benz opener versus Clemson and then ends the season at home against Georgia Tech.

why would this mean
more high profile games ??

btw,
and maybe you've told us already,
what is your school(s)?

I wouldn’t say playing an extra OOC game is adding more high profile OOC games The problem is the high profile games that are being scheduled are replacing conference games that hold much consequences. Basically replacing a conference gave that guarantees a loss distributed throughout the conference with an OOC P5 game in order to manipulate win loss records while filling the other 3 games with extra FCS/G5 cupcakes.

If you look at the B1G’s model they are using 1-3 flex rivalry games chosen by the schools while playing 9 rotating B1G conference games and playing high profile OOC games on a 3 game OOC. SC will be playing a 9 game B1G schedule along with ND every year. They also have LSU in 24 and Ole Miss in 25 and 26 no FCS. That would be much more high profile. As opposed to the SEC that has teams Bama and UGA that play less than we have leap years. It’s time for the SEC and ACC to raise the bar. As a college football fan I want to see the Bama and UGA’s play not Samford imo

I wouldn’t say playing an extra OOC game is adding more high profile OOC games The problem is the high profile games that are being scheduled are replacing conference games that hold much consequences. Basically replacing a conference gave that guarantees a loss distributed throughout the conference with an OOC P5 game in order to manipulate win loss records while filling the other 3 games with extra FCS/G5 cupcakes.

If you look at the B1G’s model they are using 1-3 flex rivalry games chosen by the schools while playing 9 rotating B1G conference games and playing high profile OOC games on a 3 game OOC. SC will be playing a 9 game B1G schedule along with ND every year. They also have LSU in 24 and Ole Miss in 25 and 26 no FCS. That would be much more high profile. As opposed to the SEC that has teams Bama and UGA that play less than we have leap years. It’s time for the SEC and ACC to raise the bar. As a college football fan I want to see the Bama and UGA’s play not Samford imo
438x274_GamesLobby_GameTile_WinnerWinnerChickenDinner-423_Responsive_OnSiteCRM.jpg

I just don't understand why everyone outside of the SEC is getting so bent. The ultimate destination for the SEC is a 3-6-6, 9- game conference schedule. That's 3 permanent opponents to maintain rivalries, then 6 and 6 every other year to assure that every team gets a home and home with every other team in the conference every 4 years. This is a one off due to Texas and Oklahoma coming in a year early. Not that it matters, though, because head to head in the playoff, there's years worth of proof that it doesn't matter AT ALL. Worry about you own team and get better, because the last decade has proven without a doubt that every conference is sucking hind tit. Quit whining and get better as a football team.

2 out of 16 teams…..I’m not seeing extra high profile games I’m seeing smoke and mirrors smh

My point was some schools like South Carolina are playing 8 SEC games plus Clemson and UNC. That's an incredibly tough schedule. Florida plays FSU and Utah plus 8 SEC games. Again, brutal schedule. I know Georgia typically does but cancelled their series with OU because OU is joining the SEC. The schools with an in-state ACC rival typically play 2 P5 OOC opponents.

I just don't understand why everyone outside of the SEC is getting so bent. The ultimate destination for the SEC is a 3-6-6, 9- game conference schedule. That's 3 permanent opponents to maintain rivalries, then 6 and 6 every other year to assure that every team gets a home and home with every other team in the conference every 4 years. This is a one off due to Texas and Oklahoma coming in a year early. Not that it matters, though, because head to head in the playoff, there's years worth of proof that it doesn't matter AT ALL. Worry about you own team and get better, because the last decade has proven without a doubt that every conference is sucking hind tit. Quit whining and get better as a football team.
I wouldn’t say people are “bent” with the SEC and ACC. College football fans are very passionate and love the sport. When you have two conferences playing with a stacked deck in a sport where 1 loss is the difference between playing in a national championship game and making the play offs or being left out because they are playing at a disadvantage caused by conferences using loopholes rather than playing on an even playing field and earning it on the field it waters down the sport. Playing a conference game is not the same as playing an OOC game which does in fact matter quite a bit. There’s been multiple teams over the years that missed the play offs or BCS national championship game because they had an extra loss because they play a 9 game schedule. The SEC and ACC know this playing a 9 game conference schedule changes everything drastically. On a 9 game schedule there’s quite a few SEC and ACC teams that don’t make the Natty or Play offs.

My point was some schools like South Carolina are playing 8 SEC games plus Clemson and UNC. That's an incredibly tough schedule. Florida plays FSU and Utah plus 8 SEC games. Again, brutal schedule. I know Georgia typically does but cancelled their series with OU because OU is joining the SEC. The schools with an in-state ACC rival typically play 2 P5 OOC opponents.
I get your point but this is a trade off. In college football anyone can win on any day. South Carolina has upset UGA and Tennessee. There’s been several upsets within conference play that’s a high profile game. As far as high profile OOC games they don’t hold the same significance when they are used to replace a conference game with much higher stakes. Along with utilizing the 4 OOC games to add extra G5/FCS. Without the trade off this is how we get higher quality games.
What would you consider higher profile games. A school that’s playing 1- 2 P5 OOC and filling the other OOC games with 2-3 G5/FCS games. Or a school playing 2 OOC P5 games 1 G5 game and 9 P5 conference games which just mean more?

SC plays ND every year on a 9 game P5 conference schedule along with a high profile P5 game and 1 G5 no FCS. They have LSU in 2024 and Ole Miss home and home in 25/26. This is how we get higher quality games and a true champion the SEC and ACC need to raise the bar and go 9. Or the B1G, Big XII and PAC need to go to 8 which lowers the bar and high profile games.

Last edited: