Should Week 0

I think the Week Zero slate is going to get crowded starting next year.

A poster on an MSU board is a media exec who is well connected, if not in the room for some of these conversations. He shared this recently:

”My understanding is that the BIG will petition the NCAA to start each season beginning in '24 with Week #0, with multiple BIG games across the weekend. The argument being made is that the BIG schools will be facing "significant travel considerations" with the addition of the west coast school's - which would qualify as a scheduling exemption for the BIG. This scheduling format is strongly supported by the BIG's broadcast partners.

It's highly expected that the NCAA will approve the BIG's request. And this will become a showcase weekend for the BIG with its media partners to have four BIG games broadcast in prime windows (oh, and I'm sure one could be on Peacock, so be ready to complain).

This will give the BIG a 15 week schedule going forward and the assumption is that EACH BIG school will have 3 bye weeks each season.”
3 bye weeks 😐 hell one is bad enough already as a fan

Pussy. Never lock the back door....
200w.gif

You mean like that time Bear Bryant Jr. killed UAB football.

Glorious times. So much red ass butt hurt over it. Should have burned the stadium down…oh wait, ha ha ha.

You mean like that time Bear Bryant Jr. killed UAB football.

Ah, southern politics. Shit gets dirty down here while we all have a smile on our faces and a hand out to shake.