Should Week 0

I would think that the G5 conferences should actively and aggressively schedule week 0 games. Like you said, they could showcase the leagues on a weekend that most fans are starving for football.

Become a showcase for FCS & the lesser known G5 teams? Anyone else prefer to start with a Montana vs NDSU & Charlotte vs MTSU type setup for the week 0 appetizers? I'd rather everyone in P5 & consistent G5s like Boise start out week 1. I like having football week 0 but easing into it first.
I think the Week Zero slate is going to get crowded starting next year.

A poster on an MSU board is a media exec who is well connected, if not in the room for some of these conversations. He shared this recently:

”My understanding is that the BIG will petition the NCAA to start each season beginning in '24 with Week #0, with multiple BIG games across the weekend. The argument being made is that the BIG schools will be facing "significant travel considerations" with the addition of the west coast school's - which would qualify as a scheduling exemption for the BIG. This scheduling format is strongly supported by the BIG's broadcast partners.

It's highly expected that the NCAA will approve the BIG's request. And this will become a showcase weekend for the BIG with its media partners to have four BIG games broadcast in prime windows (oh, and I'm sure one could be on Peacock, so be ready to complain).

This will give the BIG a 15 week schedule going forward and the assumption is that EACH BIG school will have 3 bye weeks each season.”

A poster on an MSU board is a media exec who is well connected, if not in the room for some of these conversations. He shared this recently:

”My understanding is that the BIG will petition the NCAA to start each season beginning in '24 with Week #0, with multiple BIG games across the weekend. The argument being made is that the BIG schools will be facing "significant travel considerations" with the addition of the west coast school's - which would qualify as a scheduling exemption for the BIG. This scheduling format is strongly supported by the BIG's broadcast partners.

It's highly expected that the NCAA will approve the BIG's request. And this will become a showcase weekend for the BIG with its media partners to have four BIG games broadcast in prime windows (oh, and I'm sure one could be on Peacock, so be ready to complain).

This will give the BIG a 15 week schedule going forward and the assumption is that EACH BIG school will have 3 bye weeks each season.”

Then you also have this...... Heard on the radio today when I was out and about that the ACC has games on (get this) Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and (I think) Monday of week 1. None of this shit is going away. It's just gonna turn into the better version of the NFL.

Wouldn't that make it week 1?

Principle. They must be, and will be, destroyed.
Damn, bro. Show me on the toy where they hurt you.

OIP.FkWkSYaox2D-m-ZMl_Ve-QHaHa