Tamu cancels their Gator Bowl appearance due to Covid

I dont know about you guys, but this is much worse than last year finding out friends, family and those I work with are sick with COVID, much, much worse.

Even BAMA
Alabama also announced earlier Wednesday that offensive assistants Bill O'Brien and Doug Marrone had tested positive for COVID-19. The school said that it anticipated both coaches to be available for the Cotton Bowl against Cincinnati.\\

Last season Saban was able to navigate BAMA thru the chirus crap.

Seems this year it may be a problem all around.

It is a slippery cliff. Because I am someone that is pro-vaccine overall. However in a situation like this. At this point we have made it too hard to just remove this. Too many people won't take it.

So I think 1 of 2 solutions. First and most obvious is that you move it back. And then just play it. Yes it is a logistics nightmare. But still better than not playing it.

The second option is to have everyone on the field sign a waiver. Knowing that participating can lead to contracting it since there will be known parties on the field afflicted with it. And then give the afflicted players just like you would with the normal flu a pass if they don't physically feel well enough to play.

It is a slippery cliff. Because I am someone that is pro-vaccine overall. However in a situation like this. At this point we have made it too hard to just remove this. Too many people won't take it.
the vaccines do not prevent contraction,
nor transmission -
this should be common knowledge by now -

the new variant is reported to have higher transmisability,
yet lower symptomatic conditions -

so everyone is gonna be exposed to this,
as well as the next varaint,
and the subsequent variants -

its time to move past the overreaction -

the vaccines do not prevent contraction,
nor transmission -
this should be common knowledge by now -

the new variant is reported to have higher transmisability,
yet lower symptomatic conditions -

so everyone is gonna be exposed to this,
as well as the next varaint,
and the subsequent variants -

its time to move past the overreaction -

I'm not here to make this a pro vs anti thing. Have your views that's cool nothing but respect for that. As long as it comes with a good reason and not just that it how the martians will populate earth kind of thing. I have mine. Respect that. And move on.

Again. We have ways for both teams to still participate. And it sucks that the seniors on both these teams seniors have to finish out their careers like this

I'm not here to make this a pro vs anti thing. Have your views that's cool nothing but respect for that. As long as it comes with a good reason and not just that it how the martians will populate earth kind of thing. I have mine. Respect that. And move on.

Again. We have ways for both teams to still participate. And it sucks that the seniors on both these teams seniors have to finish out their careers like this
my post is less about pro/anti vaccine,
but rather our collective reaction
to positive tests,
and stoppage of our lives
due to overreaction -

Would you want to be a replacement school. Say you get Texas or Nebraska.

This kids have been off for a month. Most of them aren't even on campus at this point. Haven't studied film or nothing. Talk about nit being prepared

Would you want to be a replacement school. Say you get Texas or Nebraska.

This kids have been off for a month. Most of them aren't even on campus at this point. Haven't studied film or nothing. Talk about nit being prepared

If they love playing the game, hell yeah they would want to play. Win or lose, another chance at hitting somebody is ALWAYS a bonus.

If they love playing the game, hell yeah they would want to play. Win or lose, another chance at hitting somebody is ALWAYS a bonus.
But you also don't want to look foolish doing it. Wake is a pretty high octane team with tons of movement. If you are a linemen or a LB that has been out of game prep conditioning for a month and off in season diet restrictions all while Wake meanwhile has been gearing up for Tamu.

But you also don't want to look foolish doing it. Wake is a pretty high octane team with tons of movement. If you are a linemen or a LB that has been out of game prep conditioning for a month and off in season diet restrictions all while Wake meanwhile has been gearing up for Tamu.

Agree to disagree. Give me a chance to play another game and I'm playing back yard ball. Damn the torpedoes, I'm psyched about another chance at clobbering the shit out of someone.

Last edited:
I get it. As a fan. I want to see as many games as possible. And if I was a player that I knew there was no next year. Or next level. Then yeah. Play as many games as possible. And even as a competitor I get it. But for example take a look at how many Georgia players sat out the bowl game last year. What was it 5 healthy starters. A couple of guys that were on the injured list at some point and then 1 or 2 others that either had covid or just sat because benches are comfy. They chose not to play. Because they knew there was no point in an exhibition game. And they didn't want to risk that next step.

I get it. As a fan. I want to see as many games as possible. And if I was a player that I knew there was no next year. Or next level. Then yeah. Play as many games as possible. And even as a competitor I get it. But for example take a look at how many Georgia players sat out the bowl game last year. What was it 5 healthy starters. A couple of guys that were on the injured list at some point and then 1 or 2 others that either had covid or just sat because benches are comfy. They chose not to play. Because they knew there was no point in an exhibition game. And they didn't want to risk that next step.
I’d gladly there never be another college football game ever be played to have the assurance Democrats and the media had no power over people’s lives, freedom, etc.

I’d gladly there never be another college football game ever be played to have the assurance Democrats and the media had no power over people’s lives, freedom, etc.

I would be glad if people would stop bitching about politics. Guess neither one of us will ever get our wish eh?

I would be glad if people would stop bitching about politics. Guess neither one of us will ever get our wish eh?
I’d love it, too. Remind me which party zealously seeks to impose its beliefs and will in every aspect of life? I’ll give you a hint- it’s not the GOP. Of course Im gonna bitch when every…single…thing is made political by, again, not the GOP. The only reason this is even a conversation point is because of the “liberal” (progressive) establishment. Your snarky retort is your discomfort with knowing that’s the truth. Covid is and has been done for a year, in reality. But in the world of politics, media and social media? It’s worse than ever. Which would be fine if it were confined there… instead fantasy land is used to justify real life draconian measures that bring about nothing constructive or useful or good. Just misery. Shit, my Bama is IN the playoff. Fuck it I hope they do cancel both games. Maybe if enough people - including well intended, stubborn, proud liberals- get mad at the tyranny based on insanity that’s being forced down our collective throats, things may change.

But as you said, wishes and all…