Texas and Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

If all this happens and there are more dominoes to follow, and along with NIL, then over time (several years) I could see the SEC organically shedding some of the smaller programs as they tap out and as the dichotomy grows between the upper tier (read: highly funded) and lower tier programs. This might be the tipping point leading to the previously discussed splitting of the P5 into an upper and lower division.

I do agree with that IF that happens. You are presuming that tOSU is still going to be a destination spot for the best talent if this were to happen.

If OU and UT are playing in the SEC, OSU’s path to the playoffs gets easier. For every game, someone has to take a loss. IMHO.

the pac is a terrific conf,
but bein here in east tx,
its already a journey to see games -
prob wouldn't see any away games
if tech was invited to the pac -
You’ve come west before…if it was ever to happen you could crash at my place and we’d go to the Coliseum or the Rose Bowl and wreck ‘em! Unless Ruff (@RuffledFeathers) sneaks into Irvine as a hit man first!

Tx will do nothing but stink up the place. Ok has at least been winning and gone to the playoffs. Tho I don't like Ok.

I think they might be going for a money grab from a tv contract or something. Otherwise, call me a honk. but SEC doesn't stand for Superior Elite Conference for nothing.