The new and improved Good Morning thread!

Good morning folks.

My buddy took this picture of me getting some shit done this morning.

@Bama Believer I didn't forget you. I'll get back with you on cooking deer meat today or tonight.

I'm going to take a wild guess that a few of our members will pipe in too, and that's a good thing.

Knocking on wood, no new cuts on my hands and everything has worked great today other than not being in the woods.

Y'all take it easy.

20220128_115956.jpg

Good morning everyone. It’s cold as shit outside, and I have no intention of leaving the house unless the damn things on fire. I may not get off the damn couch unless it’s to crawl back in the bed to take a nap. I hate winter, I hate cold. That is all.
View attachment 8968
ok, good time to ask this question, you lived in Colorado for some time if memory is correct, Ive been told that in the really cold states or climates that its a dry cold, ours is a wet cold,, or, 27 degrees here is like 0 or less in a drier climate,, true or false?

ok, good time to ask this question, you lived in Colorado for some time if memory is correct, Ive been told that in the really cold states or climates that its a dry cold, ours is a wet cold,, or, 27 degrees here is like 0 or less in a drier climate,, true or false?
Absolutely true! 40 degrees in CO wasn’t bad. If the sun was shining it was shirtsleeves weather due to humidity around 10-15%.
40 degrees here in Bama will freeze your nuggets off.

Absolutely true! 40 degrees in CO wasn’t bad. If the sun was shining it was shirtsleeves weather due to humidity around 10-15%.
40 degrees here in Bama will freeze your nuggets off.
To add: I had a coworker years ago here in Bama, that was from Oregon. We had a really cold forecast in the teens for the weekend. He laughed at us and made a comment about how we were pussies and that he was used to snow up to his ass all winter and we were soft.
He came in Monday morning and was bundled up like Kenny from Southpark. He said “this is the coldest damn place I’ve ever been!”
It just feels different here.

7432411586245fdedbbd44ed343d504e.jpg

To add: I had a coworker years ago here in Bama, that was from Oregon. We had a really cold forecast in the teens for the weekend. He laughed at us and made a comment about how we were pussies and that he was used to snow up to his ass all winter and we were soft.
He came in Monday morning and was bundled up like Kenny from Southpark. He said “this is the coldest damn place I’ve ever been!”
It just feels different here.
Humidity. Makes so much a difference. It's 30 right now in the panhandle and cold as can be to my old bones. Being so close to the Gulf doesn't help.

Thin dry air makes a world of difference from thicker humid air at sea level(more or less).

Morning... We got about 2 - 3 inches last night starting around 8:00pm. My daughter was so excited she took my grandson out in it at 9:00 and he played for a good hour or so. The best thing is this morning the roads are clear and it is just on the lawns. Now that kind of snow I can deal with.

Good morning folks.

My buddy took this picture of me getting some shit done this morning.

@Bama Believer I didn't forget you. I'll get back with you on cooking deer meat today or tonight.

I'm going to take a wild guess that a few of our members will pipe in too, and that's a good thing.

Knocking on wood, no new cuts on my hands and everything has worked great today other than not being in the woods.

Y'all take it easy.

View attachment 8960
I just made a big pot of chili using half venison and half beef, we'll see :)