The new and improved Good Morning thread!

@Nod4Eight @Tenn"cock
I preg checked cows today, 23% were open. Most of which were from the same pasture. That hurts, now I have to buy cows to replace them. Bred cows are high right now. That puts a dent in the income.

arg.... damn formatting... started to replyu to Toad the other day and didnt and now it wont let me reply to anything without adding Toad's post ... SO ... ignore this Toad, I am replying to Cope. lol

CopeJunkie: Well, that does suck and I am aware that the cost of an open cow is not cheap. Now, since you are going to replace these cows do you sell them and try and recoup some of your money? Or have them butchered? or what?

arg.... damn formatting... started to replyu to Toad the other day and didnt and now it wont let me reply to anything without adding Toad's post ... SO ... ignore this Toad, I am replying to Cope. lol

CopeJunkie: Well, that does suck and I am aware that the cost of an open cow is not cheap. Now, since you are going to replace these cows do you sell them and try and recoup some of your money? Or have them butchered? or what?
Sell them and try to recoup.some money out of them. They will end up as hamburger though.

As well as the bull that was in that pasture. I bought him this spring as an 18 month old, and he bred only like 5 cows before going bad. He semen checked good before being turned out so who knows what happened. Today has become very expensive.

As well as the bull that was in that pasture. I bought him this spring as an 18 month old, and he bred only like 5 cows before going bad. He semen checked good before being turned out so who knows what happened. Today has become very expensive.
Damn, I was going to ask about the bull too. Sometimes they just can't get the job done. That sucks brother.

I am curious if you and/or @Nod4Eight artificially inseminate any of your cows. I have no idea if that is cost effective at any scale.

Good morning everyone.