Totally stolen from my home board:

PSUTE

Back to herding cats...
Staff member
Thanks Utes99!!!

‘SEC is the only league that matters’ nightmare finish:

LSU beats Alabama next week. Bama drops to 4th, wins the rest and finishes season with 1 loss.

Georgia wins out and beats LSU in the SEC championship , LSU (1-loss) drops to maybe 3, and Georgia (1-loss SEC champ) jumps into the top 4.

Georgia (4), LSU (3), Bama (2) and Clemson (1) make the playoff only because the committee can’t figure out a way to get Florida in too.

Then it will eventually go to 16. It's not about what's right anymore, it's about money. That's the sad part.
16 would be 4 games,, probably necessary to do away with conf champ games and in the case of a 12 team conference, play everybody in your conf during the reg season, 11 games, then start the playoff early december.. You're probably right,, too much revenue lost.. and no more national games of interest until the playoff..

I dont see two from the same conference this year.

I do think the SEC and the B1G are the two best conferences on the top end of talent and production this year. But still dont see them getting more than 1 team in. If the CCG were this week. I would say the seeding would go

SEC champ
B1G champ (if ohio St)
PAC ( if 1 loss Utah or Oregon)
Clemson if undefeated

I think the B12 is on the outside looking in

I do think the SEC and the B1G are the two best conferences on the top end of talent and production this year. But still dont see them getting more than 1 team in. If the CCG were this week. I would say the seeding would go

SEC champ
B1G champ (if ohio St)
Clemson if undefeated

In an ideal world, yes. Spread the wealth. That would be best for the CFB nation. Therefore, not gonna happen.

SEC champ
B1G champ PENN STATE
Clemson if undefeated

FIFY

I saw a possible playoff scenario on Fox Sports that made sense to me

P5 conference champions
G5 champion that has at least one P5 win
Notre Dame or best Independent with 11 or more wins
At-Large team with best record

This would eliminate the teams of the same conference in playoffs and cover the entire CFB spectrum

.....just say'in

P5 conference champions

This would eliminate the teams of the same conference in playoffs and cover the entire CFB spectrum

.....just say'in

It's possible that a 1 loss AppSt could have 2 P5 wins and not win the SunBelt.

P5 conference champions

.....just say'in
I would have no issue with this at all. Just playing devils advocate, are we looking for the 4 best teams? The at-large team with the best record. Say you have 3 at large with 10-2, then what?