War Movie Idea!

Have a Penal Legion that would allow criminals to rehabilitate themselves through military service.
My son is an Army recruiter. Given what charges, convictions, and plea deals and the number of each that a recruit candidate can have and still receive a waiver to enlist ... we are already there. In all fairness to the young-uns, this isn't a new thing. I have posted a video of a person on my sub(almost a decade before I was stationed on it) showing where they smoked the hash and why that was easier than smoking pot on patrol. This while on deterrent patrol with up to 96 nuke warheads deliverable in 15 minutes. Hell, people that know me for a few years are utterly shocked when I tell them that I have never been arrested nor spent any time held for questioning by any police officer.

My son is an Army recruiter. Given what charges, convictions, and plea deals and the number of each that a recruit candidate can have and still receive a waiver to enlist ... we are already there. In all fairness to the young-uns, this isn't a new thing. I have posted a video of a person on my sub(almost a decade before I was stationed on it) showing where they smoked the hash and why that was easier than smoking pot on patrol. This while on deterrent patrol with up to 96 nuke warheads deliverable in 15 minutes. Hell, people that know me for a few years are utterly shocked when I tell them that I have never been arrested nor spent any time held for questioning by any police officer.

Agreed, but I would specifically recruit FROM PRISON, or those going to prison, and have it more or less separated. Infantry only, separate barracks, policed heavily by MPs. Way better than prison, but Boot Camp/AIT standards with stout security.

Top rank equivalent to corporal. Serve X years (based on original sentence) without a problem and you can transfer to regular military and learn a different MOS. Fuck around and you go right back to prison.

True rehabilitation, for those who want it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really think most (if any) militia groups would WANT to be certified by the government. I mean, really, the government is what made most militia groups form in the first place.

Accurate...but still...

Obviously, the original militia served the role currently filled by the Reserves and National Guard, and most modern militia have some sort of political agenda anathemic to government oversight.

I proposed that in the 90s, though...when there were a lot of Nationalistic militias that were effectively military themed gun clubs. Not sure if those are still around, or if they just stay off the radar...

Agreed, but I would specifically recruit FROM PRISON, or those going to prison, and have it more or less separated. Infantry only, separate barracks, policed heavily by MPs. Way better than prison, but Boot Camp/AIT standards with stout security.

Top rank equivalent to corporal. Serve X years (based on original sentence) without a problem and you can transfer to regular military and learn a different MOS. Fuck around and you go right back to prison.

True rehabilitation, for those who want it.

So, Suicide Squad......

Accurate...but still...

Obviously, the original militia served the role currently filled by the Reserves and National Guard, and most modern militia have some sort of political agenda anathemic to government oversight.

I proposed that in the 90s, though...when there were a lot of Nationalistic militias that were effectively military themed gun clubs. Not sure if those are still around, or if they just stay off the radar...

In today's climate, I'd hope they would stay off the radar. Being nationalistic these days isn't so popular with the ruling class at the moment.

40-60 aged vets with cool heads and tactical experience in decent shape would make a pretty strong mobile infantry. No foot slogging though...that's a young man's game.
At best, we could be drill instructors for the younguns and then only if we are authorized to shoot them. Generally speaking, there is too much FU in our infantry abilities/attitudes for any other role.

So, Suicide Squad......

Without costumes...

Starfish-is-a-slang-term-for-a-butthole.-Think-theres-any-connection.jpg

A forced draft of Americans 40 to 60 years old, as a first strike force. Not because of fighting ability, but because of saving our younger soldiers for a long war.
The older soldiers struggle with loyalty to country and the pain of realizing you are expendable and are of little value. They still continue to fight for honor.
Probably a dumb idea, but let’s see what we can come up with?
Camo-themed Depends? 😊