Whats for dinner?

Rules man. Pics or...

In its present form...

b3i3zocetf0.jpg

Took the plunge and bought a Traeger Pro 575. 150 bucks off at Ace hardware, plus free assembly and delivery. Too good to pass up. Just showed up today and I am going through the seasoning process now. Smoked turkey breast on the docket for this weekend.
I was hesitant on pellet grills also, wife talked me in to getting a PitBoss back in the spring , loved it so much I upgraded to a larger one when the Memorial Day sales came around and my MIL even bought my original one from me and she loves it. Never smoked any meat in my life and Ive been killing lately.

Is this a Texas thing? Yesterday and within the last few years...
Police in Texas are investigating a grisly scene in Houston after human remains were found in a barbecue on Tuesday.

Houston police were called to a residence in southeastern part of the city after a repairman who was doing work at the home said he found the remains in a brick backyard grill. The repairman then left the home.
Police told reporters they then got a search warrant to investigate further.
Investigators found a full human skeleton in the grill, which they believe to have been there for some time.
The age or sex of the victim was not immediately apparent, but police said they believe the remains were that of an adult.
Police are now waiting for the medical examiner to take the remains for an autopsy to determine a cause of death. No charges have been filed in the case.

And this:

And this:
Man accused of strangling wife, buying 100 lbs of charcoal to burn her body

KATY, Texas – A Katy man is accused of strangling his wife and burning her body to ashes.
Police said Jay Patrick Hammersley, 44, told them March 19 that his wife, Mara Vestal, 29, left their home near Golden Mesa Drive and Green Valley Trail Drive in the Sundown Glen subdivision and had not returned.
Investigators said Hammersley told them Vestal had been gone for two to three weeks and had taken her belongings.
However, authorities said throughout the course of the investigation, Hammersley's story changed and he admitted to killing Vestal and disposing of her body.

Last edited: