Coaching carousel

I like, hardly ever post on our home board, but when I do, I guess it's to correct math things lol.

Some dude posted that Will Levis' record at UK was 71% winning (17-7). Some other dude posted and said 17-7 is NOT 71% "math is hard".

So, I had to respond to that with (should I have actually put = .708333333 which = 70.8333333%?):

You're right. It's 70.83333333. Assume he rounded up for simplicity.......

17+7=24
17/24=70.83333%

Math is hard....mmkay.

Looks like UK is getting back our OC from last year that we went 10-3 with.....

This might be bigger news.....Stoops quit checkers and started playing chess.

Boulware received his first full-time position coaching tight ends at Northern Illinois University, where after one season he was promoted to co-offensive line coach. During his four years at NIU, Boulware helped develop one of the best offenses in the nation as the Huskies ranked 12th in the nation in both rushing and scoring and 19th in total offense. In 2001, Boulware was lured away as tight ends coach for John Mackovic at Arizona. Boulware was also put in charge of special teams for the first time in his career and the following season his Wildcats kick returns unit finished ranked 4th in the nation.[1] Upon the firing of Mackovic, Boulware left to join the Stanford staff as the running backs coach. In the summer months of 2004, Boulware honed his coaching skills working with the San Francisco 49ers as a participant in the NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship Program.[2]

This might be bigger news.....Stoops quit checkers and started playing chess.

Boulware received his first full-time position coaching tight ends at Northern Illinois University, where after one season he was promoted to co-offensive line coach. During his four years at NIU, Boulware helped develop one of the best offenses in the nation as the Huskies ranked 12th in the nation in both rushing and scoring and 19th in total offense. In 2001, Boulware was lured away as tight ends coach for John Mackovic at Arizona. Boulware was also put in charge of special teams for the first time in his career and the following season his Wildcats kick returns unit finished ranked 4th in the nation.[1] Upon the firing of Mackovic, Boulware left to join the Stanford staff as the running backs coach. In the summer months of 2004, Boulware honed his coaching skills working with the San Francisco 49ers as a participant in the NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship Program.[2]

Saw some rumblings of this a couple of days ago. Seems like a solid hire (lord knows we can use some special teams help after this year).

Even with Texas coming into the SEC (sooner rather than later it appears)and aTm already in the league, hopefully he can help us get some legit dudes out of that state and the surrounding area. Heard he's a really good recruiter.

Drew Brees is going back to Purdue as an interim assistant coach ahead of the Citrus Bowl.

The school announced Thursday that Brees will work on the field with players and participate in recruiting.

He said in a statement:

"I am extremely excited to work with our team over the next few weeks as we prepare for the Citrus Bowl. I see it not only as an opportunity to coach and mentor this group of young men, but represent all the former Purdue players that care so much about our program. This is also preparation for the future of Purdue Football with new head coach Ryan Walters. I had a great conversation with Coach Walters last night, and love the energy, passion and detail he will bring to our program. The future is bright, and there is no better time to be a Boilermaker!"

Drew Brees is going back to Purdue as an interim assistant coach ahead of the Citrus Bowl.

The school announced Thursday that Brees will work on the field with players and participate in recruiting.

He said in a statement:

"I am extremely excited to work with our team over the next few weeks as we prepare for the Citrus Bowl. I see it not only as an opportunity to coach and mentor this group of young men, but represent all the former Purdue players that care so much about our program. This is also preparation for the future of Purdue Football with new head coach Ryan Walters. I had a great conversation with Coach Walters last night, and love the energy, passion and detail he will bring to our program. The future is bright, and there is no better time to be a Boilermaker!"

That's the kinda cool stuff you like to see.

Speaking of Brees, I remember one year when I was stationed in Hawaii and went to the open Pro Bowl practice on Pearl Harbor. Brees was one of the guys that came over after practice and talked to the folks that were there. THAT IS ONE SMALL DUDE. I couldn't get over how small that man is considering all his accomplishments in the NFL. If he's 5'9" I'd be surprised lol. Size wise, he just looked like a kid out there.

That's the kinda cool stuff you like to see.

Speaking of Brees, I remember one year when I was stationed in Hawaii and went to the open Pro Bowl practice on Pearl Harbor. Brees was one of the guys that came over after practice and talked to the folks that were there. THAT IS ONE SMALL DUDE. I couldn't get over how small that man is considering all his accomplishments in the NFL. If he's 5'9" I'd be surprised lol. Size wise, he just looked like a kid out there.

I met Brett Favre in '92 at Studabaker's. Was amazing to see how small he was at 6' 2" compared to the DL guys he was hanging with.