Coaching carousel

It's not the tweet that makes me not want him, it's the buildup of behavior. My problem is that with his past issues, why did he have to tweet anything. He went out of his way to comment to her how the new AD was a "Jesus like leader" while she was suing the school for mishandling sexual assault violations. Did she need to tweet about this new AD - no - but if I was Freeze, I would not have hit send on that message. I am all for giving someone a second or third chance, but at some point, you need to stop doing stupid behavior that could impact your school's image. Also, for a school like WVU, you need to be able to sell the school not only to the recruit, but the parents. I can see many HS parents taking offense to his past behavior, including that tweet/dm. If he could just STOP doing stupid shit, it might have been a good fit for WV - not that we were going to get in a bidding war with Auburn for a coach.
For my part, I don't see his DMs to this young lady as egregious. I am not overly excited over the hire nor was I with Harsin. That being said, I fully support our coach and hope that he receives and uses the full support of the University including all of the tools necessary to succeed. That was not the case with Harsin. As far as the school's image, Yeller Wood did more harm to that with his failed smear campaign and Harsin coup attempt than Coach Freeze can do ... and we have seen the results of both parties at their worst.

For my part, I don't see his DMs to this young lady as egregious. I am not overly excited over the hire nor was I with Harsin. That being said, I fully support our coach and hope that he receives and uses the full support of the University including all of the tools necessary to succeed. That was not the case with Harsin. As far as the school's image, Yeller Wood did more harm to that with his failed smear campaign and Harsin coup attempt than Coach Freeze can do ... and we have seen the results of both parties at their worst.
That is usually the position I take with my school. If they would have hired Freeze, it's not like I was giving up my season tickets. I think I will always support the school, which is why I think of myself as a fan instead of a discerning consumer.

That is usually the position I take with my school. If they would have hired Freeze, it's not like I was giving up my season tickets. I think I will always support the school, which is why I think of myself as a fan instead of a discerning consumer.
Same here. I am not an alum, booster or even donor so I try not to get upset over things way beyond my control. I don't have issue with Coach Freeze being hired ... mostly because I am not privy to the vetting process. IMHO there is not an obvious home run hire out there so every candidate is going to be somewhat flawed. TBH, I would rather Auburn hire Coach Freeze than Coach Kiffin due to play calling/analytics.