***College Wrestling Thread***

Have to see who steps up this year. Hope Brayton is back to strength and can progress this year. I doubt Gable does come back as there isn't a good reason for him to return. This is one of those odd years I seem to lack the enthusiasm at this point for the season at all levels. Plus my stepson just went down with a shoulder injury a week before we start practice. 😔

Iowa's first dual is Sunday. I will be giving up bow hunting for it but I'm going. I will only get to a few this year. My girls bball schedule and Iowa's big ten schedule overlap way to much this year.

The only match Iowa lost against cal Baptist today was at 125 where I believe a true freshman went because lee is still recovering.

Austin Gomez beats Yianni D 9 to 3. Ends his 75 match win streak. Gomez reportedly turned him and won the scrambles.

20221204_132929.jpg
Iowa had a battle today. Won 18 to 15. Lee and Woods both wrestled for the first time this year. Lee was gassed after the first but still got the major.

And the win streak moves to 16 as the Pokes take down the Sooners 21-15 with a Luke Surber pinfall in the final match within the first 20 seconds. Surber said this is his year