***College Wrestling Thread***

CowpokeU

2021-2022 season starts Page 5

@Copejunkie have you looked at the fucking rankings? It's a joke. We are 7-0 and #5 everyone above us had 2-4 duals tops.

Penn State benefitted from not wrestling you guys

Last edited:
@Copejunkie have you looked at the fucking rankings? It's a joke. We are 7-0 and #5 everyone above us had 2-4 duals tops.

Penn State benefitted from not wrestling you guys
Actually we are supposed to wrestle penn st this coming weekend, we could actually loose that dual now that Marinelli and Young are both out after testing positive for covid. In the tournament rankings I think you are ranked 4th I believe on intermat. I think with what you guys had coming back I would say it's a fair ranking, other than fix (whenever he gets back) you guys dont really have the sure fire high end finalist potential that Iowa, penn st, and Michigan have. Michigan has finalist potential at 133, 174, and 184 or 197 depending on what weight amine goes. Penn st at 133, 141, 184, and if their heavy gets back there too. Iowa at 125, 141, 165, 174, with outside shots at 133 and 197. I get what you are saying as far as the number of duals you have wrestled, I wish we had that many already, but if you break the teams down to all Americans it makes sense.

@CowpokeU Sunday we wrestled Purdue and Ohio st. And won. Young traveled to the dual then got tested per big rules and was then told he couldn't wrestle. That takes both our 157 and 165 out for 17 days. Marinelli has been out for about a week now. Oh yeah and Tom Brands is out with it too. As far as I am aware no symptoms from any of them. Big 10 rules states athletes and coaches have to test every day.

And just in, Iowa has announced that wrestling is paused for positive tests in the program. So no dual this weekend.

To add to my first post in this thread, you guys have Boo at 149, Witlake at 165, and Ferrari at 197 that could all make noise come nationals.

Iowa wrestling has been paused for nearly 2 weeks now for covid and were released yesterday to start team activities again. They were supposed to wrestle northwestern and Wisconsin this weekend but both teams have canceled. Damnit

My cousin was there and got some awesome pics.

Btw you think Fix wins it all?
Yeah I think he will. He's better than Rby, Desanto and Micic who hasn't even wrestled yet this year. None of them will roll over for him. If he has an off match he could loose to any of those 3, the chances of that happening are very slim in my mind. I would put Fix at a 90% chance of winning it. Ferrari is dangerous but I think he's a year away from really contending, i say he places mid pack. 4th, 5th, 6th.

Oklahoma State finishes the regular season undefeated for the 47th time in program history.

I wish the B1G would have let us duel Iowa but we will see yuns in the national tourney

Oklahoma State finishes the regular season undefeated for the 47th time in program history.

I wish the B1G would have let us duel Iowa but we will see yuns in the national tourney

Wonder when B1G will do the same in wrestling like they did hockey and lacrosse? Can you imagine Ok St wrestling in the B1G, just like ND hockey is in the B1G, and my beloved Johns Hopkins lacrosse in the B1G.

Wonder when B1G will do the same in wrestling like they did hockey and lacrosse? Can you imagine Ok St wrestling in the B1G, just like ND hockey is in the B1G, and my beloved Johns Hopkins lacrosse in the B1G.
I don't think we will see that happen unless alot of big teams decided to drop the sport. We aren't hurting for teams to wrestle in the big. The big 12 has gone to this though. They needed teams after Missouri and Nebraska left to get bids for the national tournament. They have affiliate teams like North Dakota st., UNI, South dakota state, some Utah schools and Colorado schools along with Iowa st, west Virginia and of course the 2 Oklahoma schools. The conference as a whole is pretty down with, as you know, Oklahoma st being the only power. Iowa st. and Oklahoma havent threatened in quite awhile. The other schools will have some darn good wrestlers in their line ups, but as far as the team is concerned they can't match okie st for a high powered lineup.

Yes you will see us there, and as long as we aren't bit by the covid bug we should win another title. We were robbed of #24 last year by the ncaa canceling the championships. Next year from all the chatter we should have the exact same team since this is a free year. This year theres a chance we could see 6 in the finals. I'm not saying that it will happen, or even should but the chance is there. 125 141 165 174 all have great chances to be in the finals with 133 and 197 not being outside the realm of possibility.

Penn st. Has strong finalist chances at 133 141 184 and also 174 and hvy have decent chances with kerklivet back at hvy again. Okie st has strong finalist chances at 133 and 165. With 149 and 197 having shots as well.

Like Bama, they are in the Big XII in rowing.

I'd much prefer to wrestle in the B1G since we lost Mizzou and Nebraska.

I think we are locked in right now with the schools we are affiliated with.

I'd rather see my pokes wrestle everyone they will see in the national tourney year in and year out.

There's a rumor Oklahoma will drop their program. If so, I think the Big XII as whole will fold with Wrestling and it will be us and ISU moving to the B1G

Like Bama, they are in the Big XII in rowing.

I'd much prefer to wrestle in the B1G since we lost Mizzou and Nebraska.

I think we are locked in right now with the schools we are affiliated with.

I'd rather see my pokes wrestle everyone they will see in the national tourney year in and year out.

There's a rumor Oklahoma will drop their program. If so, I think the Big XII as whole will fold with Wrestling and it will be us and ISU moving to the B1G
Oklahoma dropping their program would be bullshit.

They are actually blue bloods too. They have the 4th most titles of any school and no where near us lol.
They are 5th on the list now with 7. Iowa st has 8 penn state has 9 or 10 and thenIowa with 23 and Oklahoma st with 34. I believe there have only been 9 schools total to win the national championship in wrestling. Minnesota with 3, Cornell college in Iowa with 1, Arizona st. with 1, and Ohio st. with 1 round it out.