Conference Realignment?

This is so ridiculously ACC-ish. So, now they're gonna trade their 2 biggest programs (Clemson and FSU) for those programs? I agree with one of the comments....."Why can't Temple get in?" Hell, why not?? Or maybe they're just bringing in 3 because they think FSU is the only one leaving?
If FSU leaves, I think Clemson jumps, too. What do Va Tech and Miami do?

If FSU leaves, I think Clemson jumps, too. What do Va Tech and Miami do?

If I was them I'd bounce right the fuck out because who the hell wants to go to California (especially from the "far east" of the US) to play the same caliber teams they could find east of the Mississippi? This is a desperation move obviously that I can't imagine any of us think will turn out as well as the Atlantic/Pacific Coast Conference is hoping it will. APCC....has a bit of a ring to it......

If I was them I'd bounce right the fuck out because who the hell wants to go to California (especially from the "far east" of the US) to play the same caliber teams they could find east of the Mississippi? This is a desperation move obviously that I can't imagine any of us think will turn out as well as the Atlantic/Pacific Coast Conference is hoping it will. APCC....has a bit of a ring to it......
They could call it the Coast to Coast conference. CTCC...no, the Co-CoastalConference Powers, the CCCP. No...the National Allied American Coastal Powers...NAACP. Wait, no...fuck it. Call em leftover trash.

They could call it the Coast to Coast conference. CTCC...no, the Co-CoastalConference Powers, the CCCP. No...the National Allied American Coastal Powers...NAACP. Wait, no...fuck it. Call em leftover trash.

Well, personally, I like the Fuck North Carolina and Duke Conference (FNCDC), but that's just me and maybe/probably @Hard2Bluff too.

Oh, sorry, forgot about you Cock fans @RuffledFeathers as I see you ."somewhat" agreed with my sentiment as well. I live in NC, so sometimes it's easy to forget about SC.......no offense. ;)
Honestly NC is one of the most beautiful states I have ever been to, been to Chimney Rock/Black Mountain area. Wonderful place. Just no love for UNC/Duke.

Meanwhile Cal fans are getting ready for opening day.

0922%20antifa.jpg

At first, a lot of people are questioning this move by the ACC. But here's the reality for the ACC. They're going to lose some members in the near future. If they fall below 15 members, ESPN is allowed to renegotiate. Their payout would likely see a decrease in this scenario because one can presume the most valuable programs would be the ones leaving. Adding Cal/Stanford and SMU gives them an insurance policy. If FSU or others bail, they can still stay above the 15 number and continue receiving their current payouts.

If you want to know who is trying to get out of the ACC and feels confident that they have a spot in the Big Ten and/or SEC, just look at who officially voted no. It's extremely rare that schools vote no to expansion on the official vote. FSU, Clemson and UNC are sending out smoke signals to the SEC/Big Ten.

What does this mean for OSU and WSU? It sounds like the AAC is out and are focusing on replacing SMU with Army. I think they'll end up merging with the MWC. If the MWC schools them, they can keep some of the assets that the PAC 12 has, as they will belong exclusively to OSU and WSU next year. The network assets and the emergency cash that the PAC 12 has will be enough to convince the MWC to merge with the PAC and not the other way around IMO. Gloria would be the commissioner of this conference, however,

At first, a lot of people are questioning this move by the ACC. But here's the reality for the ACC. They're going to lose some members in the near future. If they fall below 15 members, ESPN is allowed to renegotiate. Their payout would likely see a decrease in this scenario because one can presume the most valuable programs would be the ones leaving. Adding Cal/Stanford and SMU gives them an insurance policy. If FSU or others bail, they can still stay above the 15 number and continue receiving their current payouts.

If you want to know who is trying to get out of the ACC and feels confident that they have a spot in the Big Ten and/or SEC, just look at who officially voted no. It's extremely rare that schools vote no to expansion on the official vote. FSU, Clemson and UNC are sending out smoke signals to the SEC/Big Ten.

What does this mean for OSU and WSU? It sounds like the AAC is out and are focusing on replacing SMU with Army. I think they'll end up merging with the MWC. If the MWC schools them, they can keep some of the assets that the PAC 12 has, as they will belong exclusively to OSU and WSU next year. The network assets and the emergency cash that the PAC 12 has will be enough to convince the MWC to merge with the PAC and not the other way around IMO. Gloria would be the commissioner of this conference, however,

OSU and WSU to the MWC will probably happen by the end of the month. Those two have exhausted all their other options.