Biggest Bounce back in 2023

Biggest Bounce Back in 2023

• Total voters

TheInsider

I only included P5 teams with losing records in 2022. Which teams do you think will have a big bounce back in 2023?

I let people vote for multiple teams in case you feel really strongly about more than 1 of these.

ricky-bobby.gif

Going off the board. I think Nebby and VPI are the only ones with less wins than WVU last year and none on the list will win more than my Mountaineers. Plus weve been down more than 1 year. So WVU will be the biggest bounce back!

It's a big year for Neal Brown, that's for sure. I know there were some big WVU donors that wanted him gone after last season. He needs a good year to keep his job IMO

I really like Leary and if he can stay healthy, Kentucky should be dangerous.
IMO, Kentucky will be a tougher test than anyone on UGA's schedule this year...yes, including Tennessee (Kentucky has a defense, Tennessee does not). Last year, UGA won 16-6 in a hard fought game during a down year for UK. The 'Cats are in a much better situation this year with Coen back and the portal additions on the OL and defense. Not to mention the WRs that Leary will have to throw to.

They have the Vols and Bama at home. Aside from playing in Athens, their road schedule is manageable. I have them 2nd in the SECE at 10-2 unless they pull off the upset against Bama at home.

IMO, Kentucky will be a tougher test than anyone on UGA's schedule this year...yes, including Tennessee (Kentucky has a defense, Tennessee does not). Last year, UGA won 16-6 in a hard fought game during a down year for UK. The 'Cats are in a much better situation this year with Coen back and the portal additions on the OL and defense. Not to mention the WRs that Leary will have to throw to.

They have the Vols and Bama at home. Aside from playing in Athens, their road schedule is manageable. I have them 2nd in the SECE at 10-2 unless they pull off the upset against Bama at home.
Don't forget we beat UK last year 24-14. I can't speak for their improvement this year, but we are looking noticeably improved in preseason. If we beat Mack Brown in the season opener, then I predict we beat Kentucky in Lexington this year. Don't count us out of position two in the SECE.

Don't forget we beat UK last year 24-14. I can't speak for their improvement this year, but we are looking noticeably improved in preseason. If we beat Mack Brown in the season opener, then I predict we beat Kentucky in Lexington this year. Don't count us out of position two in the SECE.
Fair enough, but I'm looking at their portal additions and the return of Coen. IMO, on paper, Kentucky is more prepared for an SECE run on UGA than any other team. I like Beamer and what he's doing with SCar, but there's no denying what Coen did in his first round with UK. This time he will have a much better OL.

The difference I see with UK and SCar is UK had the #14 defense last season where SCar was at #77. UK's defense will continue to be top 15, SCar's defense has a long way to go to catch up.

Fair enough, but I'm looking at their portal additions and the return of Coen. IMO, on paper, Kentucky is more prepared for an SECE run on UGA than any other team. I like Beamer and what he's doing with SCar, but there's no denying what Coen did in his first round with UK. This time he will have a much better OL.

The difference I see with UK and SCar is UK had the #14 defense last season where SCar was at #77. UK's defense will continue to be top 15, SCar's defense has a long way to go to catch up.
And we still beat that #14 defense by 10 points. We were thin in the defensive backfield and it took awhile to gain needed game time experience. Our offense increased by 10 points a game but didn't amount to too much until the defense recovered from the players we sent to the portal leaving and we walloped the Vols and beat the taters on their field, then played toe to toe with ND in a bowl loss. Beamer simplified Satterfield's 4 inch playbook and it sparked the offensive output. With Satterfield gone the offense is thriving in preseason. The defense is now practicing against a much improved offense. We'll see how improved we are in our first game. I honestly believe we are better than UNC and will win as easily as we did in the 2021 Belk Bowl, same opponent, same location.

It is a good thing that you are bat shit crazy and know zero about the SEC other than how to spell it. The Cats are in for Hell this year. The Cats lose to SCAR, UF, UT, UGA in the east and bama in the west this year.

Last edited: